Analyst II, Business Rules Development
PenFed is hiring a Analyst II, Business Rules Development in McLean, VA. The primary purpose of this job is to develop Business Rules on PenFed’s automated lending system. Provide support on projects relating to consumer credit risk; develop and monitor analysis of loan portfolio’s in excess of $20 billion, quantify and control credit risk within established parameters.Essential Functions Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Design, build, maintain, refine and improve business rules /scoring based engine incorporating automated underwriting processes and strategies, counter-offers and cross-sell/bundling policies using moderate level of guidance.
- Perform analysis of current automated underwriting processes and strategies and provide Management with formal presentation regarding findings and recommendations quantified with supporting data.
- Provide technical support for identifying, reporting, tracking and resolving daily operational problems in credit systems, make formal recommendations regarding enhancements or changes.
- Collaborate with PenFed’s Fraud department and/or external third parties in the monitoring and assessing of current fraud products and their effectiveness.
- Support implementation and analysis of credit criteria and strategies for core loan/credit line acquisition programs including both prescreen and non-prescreen acquisition channels.
- Participate in various risk management activities to include, portfolio analysis and reporting, high risk/override portfolio reviews, loss and loan loss reserve forecasting, fraud aversion, credit programs and various risk mitigation activities using moderate direction from the Supervisor.
- Interact with cross-functional teams to select, design and implement risk management solutions.
- Coordinate portfolio review by analyzing existing open-end accounts utilizing credit bureau based criteria, account behavior, and payment patterns to determine actions necessary to detect and prevent credit losses.
- Conduct and analyze risk assessments to gauge the effectiveness surrounding the loan originations process and to determine compliance with policies and procedures.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics. Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics is preferred.
Minimum of three (3) years’ of experience with consumer lending credit systems is required.
Functional knowledge of automated loan decision software, such as FICO-DM, Strata required. Knowledge of Loan Origination Systems (LOS) preferred. Experience with relational database management systems (SQL Server), GUI-based business rules development tools
Strong working knowledge of performing analysis utilizing Champion Challenger or similar systems.
This position will not supervise employees but may provide guidance to new associates.
There are no additional certifications required.