Analyst II, Business Rules Development
PenFed is hiring a Analyst II, Business Rules Development in McLean, VA. The primary purpose of this job is to develop Business Rules on PenFed’s automated lending system. Provide support on projects relating to consumer credit risk; develop and monitor analysis of loan portfolio’s in excess of $20 billion, quantify and control credit risk within established parameters.Essential Functions Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Design, build, maintain, refine and improve business rules /scoring based engine incorporating automated underwriting processes and strategies, counter-offers and cross-sell/bundling policies using moderate level of guidance.
- Perform analysis of current automated underwriting processes and strategies and provide Management with formal presentation regarding findings and recommendations quantified with supporting data.
- Provide technical support for identifying, reporting, tracking and resolving daily operational problems in credit systems, make formal recommendations regarding enhancements or changes.
- Collaborate with PenFed’s Fraud department and/or external third parties in the monitoring and assessing of current fraud products and their effectiveness.
- Support implementation and analysis of credit criteria and strategies for core loan/credit line acquisition programs including both prescreen and non-prescreen acquisition channels.
- Participate in various risk management activities to include, portfolio analysis and reporting, high risk/override portfolio reviews, loss and loan loss reserve forecasting, fraud aversion, credit programs and various risk mitigation activities using moderate direction from the Supervisor.
- Interact with cross-functional teams to select, design and implement risk management solutions.
- Coordinate portfolio review by analyzing existing open-end accounts utilizing credit bureau based criteria, account behavior, and payment patterns to determine actions necessary to detect and prevent credit losses.
- Conduct and analyze risk assessments to gauge the effectiveness surrounding the loan originations process and to determine compliance with policies and procedures.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics. Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics is preferred.
Minimum of three (3) years’ of experience with consumer lending credit systems is required.
Functional knowledge of automated loan decision software, such as FICO-DM, Strata required. Knowledge of Loan Origination Systems (LOS) preferred. Experience with relational database management systems (SQL Server), GUI-based business rules development tools
Strong working knowledge of performing analysis utilizing Champion Challenger or similar systems.
This position will not supervise employees but may provide guidance to new associates.
There are no additional certifications required.
XBending, Stretching or Reaching
Talking on the phone, person-to-person & in group
XHearing on the phone, person-to-person & in group
XVision for near, mid-range, far, peripheral, depth and color
XUse of computer
XUse of telephone
XUse of office equipment
XPushing/pulling/lifting/ carrying from 5 to 50 lbs.
Travel Limited travel to various worksites is required. To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following behaviors to perform the essential functions of this job:
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
- Interpersonal Skills
- Communication Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Ability to Maintain Confidentiality
- Quality control
- Safety and Security
About Us Founded in 1935, and still growing, we began as the War Department Federal Credit Union. Today, PenFed is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.5 million members and over $21 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as on military bases in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality. We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more. Equal Employment Opportunity PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 703-838-1568.