Associate Director, Annual Fund for Georgetown Athletics and Hoyas Unlimited (Marketing and Strateg
Associate Director (Marketing & Strategic Communications) - The Annual Fund for Georgetown Athletics
The Annual Fund for Georgetown Athletics is the lifeblood of the athletic department. By making contributions to The Annual Fund for Georgetown Athletics, Georgetown alumni, parents, fans, and friends help to support Georgetown Athletics' 29 Division I varsity programs and 750 student-athletes. Annual Fund support helps to fund the athletic department's operating budget, as these dollars are used for travel, equipment, recruiting, scholarships, salaries and other operational costs.
The Associate Director (Marketing & Strategic Communications) exists to serve as the brand manager for The Annual Fund for Georgetown Athletics and Hoyas Unlimited, managing all marks, logos, colors, and consumer art and provides thoughtful leadership for and manage digital and print design in online and direct mail solicitation and awareness campaigns. The Associate Director is responsible for bringing new creative ideas to help market and brand the Annual Fund for Georgetown Athletics with a goal to raise $5 million in operating support for Georgetown Athletics per year. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the brand management for The Annual Fund for Georgetown Athletics and Hoyas Unlimited (managing all marks, logos, colors, and consumer-facing art), and managing and providing thoughtful leadership for the office's digital and print design solicitations and campaigns.
- Prepares creative briefs and project timelines for all major direct and online solicitations and stewardship pieces, as well as manage the backend of the organization's giving micro site, WeAreGeorgetown.com, which is powered by WordPress.
- Works collaboratively with head and assistant coaches, senior sport administrators and the Office of Advancement staff in order to design and implement key strategic communications, marketing appeals and fundraising initiatives.
- Writes all content and manage all direct mail, electronic, web/social media solicitations and other means of communication for both stewardship and fundraising outreach.
- Manages all social media outlets and is expected to create new sources of support and growing awareness for the The Annual Fund for Georgetown Athletics through social media digital engagement.
- Collaborates efforts between the Annual Fund for Georgetown Athletics staff, Athletic Development, The Director of Intercollegiate Athletics, Georgetown Ticket Office, Marketing and Sports Information to strategically engage constituents in all major communications.
- Markets and brands The Annual Fund for Georgetown Athletics and Hoyas Unlimited signature events as high-impact fundraising initiatives with a focus on return on investment.
- Manages all workflow from external and internal resources, including design agencies, GU Sports Information, Office of Advancement's communication team, and our Annual Giving team.
- Responsible for all copywriting, design and marketing to drive fundraising and participation for all marketing for The Annual Fund for Georgetown Athletics with a goal to raise $5M per year from over 5600 constituents.
- BA/BS, with a minimum of 2 years of digital communications and marketing experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to work with other members of a team are essential
- Strong experience with Adobe Creative Suite (in particular InDesign and PhotoShop)
- Background in HTML
- Experience with mass email marketing service and software (Exact Target experience a plus)
- Experience with Wordpress
- Experience with iMovie, Final Cut Pro, or a similar video editing software
- Experience with all social media platforms including by not limited to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube
- Proven experience managing multiple, competing priorities while working towards an established goal
- Demonstrated ability to exercise diplomacy, judgement and tact; trustworthiness in handling confidential matters
- Expertise in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and other software to produce reports and or presentations
- Must be able to work nights and weekends
- Preferably two years of higher education development, direct marketing for higher education or related experience
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Please select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.