Program Director for the Master in Professional Studies of Applied Intelligence - School of Continu
6 days left
- Full Time
Program Director for the Master in Professional Studies of Applied Intelligence - School of Continuing Studies
Georgetown University School of Continuing Studies (SCS) fulfills the university's educational mission by offering a wide range of degree programs and applied learning experiences to a broad and inclusive community of students and professionals. The educational programs found within Georgetown SCS combine theory with practice through rigorous curricula led by experts in their fields, providing opportunities for students to excel academically and professionally. In keeping with Georgetown's Catholic and Jesuit heritage and values, SCS educates women and men to be self-reflective, critical thinkers who are committed to serve in greater society.
The Program Director for the Master in Professional Studies of Applied Intelligence (AI) program provides administrative management and support for the AI program in the School of Continuing Studies. S/he assists with the day-to-day administrative activities of the program and Applied Management Division, and serves as the liaison with various University departments, as well as liaison with external stakeholders; and plays a vital role by managing various touch points of the student life cycle, as well as, assisting in administrative adjunct faculty related matters. The Program Director leads the communication efforts of the program to the student body, including website content, newsletters and social media outlets. Reporting to the Associate Dean of Academic Operations, the Program Director has duties that include but are not limited to:
Student Life Cycle
- Supports the day-to-day activities of the program in providing administrative support for prospective, current and graduating students - for example, academic advising, registration processes, new student orientation and student out-processing procedures, and acting as the liaison between the program and various University departments on behalf of the student body.
- Understands and tracks all enrollment stages.
- Assists the Faculty Director in providing support to adjunct faculty members - for example, course scheduling and classroom support
- Assists in coordinating the contracting and payroll process for all adjunct faculty members
Online Support Assists in managing the online functionalities for the program and providing necessary support when directed by the Faculty Director or Associate Dean of Academic Operations - for example, virtual classroom management, troubleshooting online issues, and providing administrative support to only faculty members.
- Handles internal and external communication efforts for the student body - for example, creation and management of newsletters, websites, and social media outlets.
- Maintains communication with senior-level professional and industry representatives, including executive-level industry leaders, scholars, regulators, professional association leaders, and various subject matter experts.
Project Management Assists in projects in collaboration with the Faculty Director or Associate Dean of Academic Operations - for example, formation and support for an advisory committee composed of external senior leaders and experts, support for SCS-based AI research projects, and general administrative support for Applied Management Division.
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years of work experience in a professional or academic setting\\
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Suite
- Exceptional organizational and communication abilities
- Willingness to take initiative
- Flexible and solid interpersonal skills
- Experience in developing, executing or participating in online education
- Professional and/ or academic experience in applied intelligence
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Please select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.