Human Resources & Payroll Systems Specialist for Summer and Special Programs - School of Continuing
Human Resources & Payroll Systems Specialist for Summer and Special Programs - School of Continuing Studies
Georgetown University School of Continuing Studies (SCS) fulfills the university's educational mission by offering a wide range of degree programs and applied learning experiences to a broad and inclusive community of students and professionals. The educational programs found within Georgetown SCS combine theory with practice through rigorous curricula led by experts in their fields, providing opportunities for students to excel academically and professionally. In keeping with Georgetown's Catholic and Jesuit heritage and values, SCS educates women and men to be self-reflective, critical thinkers who are committed to serve in greater society.
The Human Resources & Payroll Systems Specialist administers the hiring and contracting processes and payment verification for all faculty, non-regular staff, and student employees in Summer and Special Programs, a School of Continuing Studies division. S/he serves within the Georgetown Management System (GMS) as a timekeeper for more than 50 employees and as a Department Administrator for more than 300 employees. Reporting to the Associate Dean, the Human Resources & Payroll Specialist has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Summer High School Personnel Performs all tasks related to the processes of hiring, contracting, GMS processing, and payment verification, ensures 1-9 and Protection of Minors compliance for all employees; and for new employees, assists in obtaining an employee's NetID reset and a GOCard.
- Summer Sessions Faculty Performs all tasks related to the processes of hiring, contracting, GMS processing, and payment; and ensures 1-9 compliance and Protection of Minors compliance for all employees.
- All Seasonal and Student Staff Implements and delivers recruitment cycle processes related to the recruitment cycle - plans and implement employment interest tables in high traffic Georgetown areas, receives and distributes all applications, schedules all interviews with the appropriate supervisors, and performs all phone screening related to the recruitment cycle.
- Special Program Personnel Performs all tasks related to the processes of hiring, contracting, GMS processing, and payment verification; and ensures the 1-9 and Protection of Minors compliance for all employees; and for new employees, assists in obtaining an employee's NetID reset and a GOCard.
- Supervises a seasonal support staff member to assist with time-sensitive tasks.
- Maintains financial data for reconciling all payroll transactions for each program, and provides the payroll reconciliation approval for more than 30 programs.
- Bachelor's degree
- 3 to 5 years demonstrated administrative experience - preference for a human resources background
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Availability to work some evening and weekend hours in the spring in preparation for the summer term, as well as select weekend check-ins during the summer when programs are in session
- Some Master's level course completion
- Knowledge of human resource best practices, in particular legal and compliance matters.
- Experience with Banner, Salesforce, Workday or other Enterprise Resource Planning
- Knowledge of Georgetown Management System
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Please select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.