Receptionist & Office Coordinator
Plan International USA is part of the Plan International Federation, a global organization that works side by side with communities in over 50 developing countries to end the cycle of poverty for children and their families. Plan works at the community level to develop customized solutions and ensure long-term sustainability. Our solutions are designed up-front to be owned by communities for generations to come and range from clean water and health care programs to education projects and child protection initiatives. For more information visit, www.planusa.org.
The Human Resources & Operations Team is seeking a Receptionist & Office Coordinator to help manage a busy front office setting. The position is responsible for ensuring a professional and welcoming greeting for all guests and ensuring a smooth-running office.
The position will work closely with the Human Resources Team members and others within the Washington, DC and Rhode Island offices. He or she will have the responsibility of creating an efficient office environment supporting the needs of guests and employees. The person in this role also works to ensure that key policies are understood and followed by all staff.
- Staff the reception desk on a full-time basis. Greet and sign in/sign out visitors and assist them in connecting with Plan staff and finding meeting spaces, etc.
- Assist in the planning of office events throughout the year including wellness events, employee engagement events, and new hire orientation
- Serve as the point person for office duties
- Address employees queries regarding office management issues
- Process invoices
- Coordinate with IT department on office equipment, including managing processes for checking out and returning international cell phones
- Liaise with facility management, vendors, including cleaning, catering and security services; Maintain office condition and arrange necessary repairs
- Ensure that the office has adequate office supplies and equipment and that inventory or organized and accessible
- Schedule meetings and appointments as needed
- Assist in safety and training programs, plans and processes
- Contribute to maintain the safety culture of the office
- Develop and maintain systems processes that serve as the foundation for all staff to execute on individual and organizational goals
- Develop norms and guidelines used for effective business continuity
- Identify ways to improve productivity and efficiency of administrative, operations and support services workflow, and recommend new processes as needed
- Operate as a key contributor and partner to other administrative and operations staff
Education & Experience
- Strong Excel and Word skills; PowerPoint and other Office products are a plus
- Strong communication skills; oral and written
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and administrative capabilities
- Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment
- Interest in Office Management
- Ability to understand and interpret policies and procedures and explain them to others
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with persons within and outside the organization
- High School degree/ GED required. AA or BA/BS in related field is desirable
- 1-3 years of related experience within a similar office environment
Please apply directly to this position via the Plan website https://www.planusa.org/careers