Info System Security Manager - TS/SCI w/Polygraph Required
Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
1. Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
2. Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
3. Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
4. Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
5. Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
6. Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
7. Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
8. Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
9. Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
Active Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph clearance is required.
5-8 years of related experience in data security administration.
CISSP, IT or security-related certifications preferred.
Should have extensive experience working with Government classified systems.
Should have experience in one or more of the following Information Security disciplines: Network Security, Physical Security, Government Computer Systems, Firewall/Router Management, Security Project Management, and/or Network Vulnerability Analysis.
Should be knowledgeable of exploitation methods, attacks and tools used by skilled hackers.
Should have familiarization with security vulnerability testing tools: Nessus, AppDetective, WebInspect, NMAP, & self-scans.
Should have familiarization with doing assessments in the Cloud.
Should have familiarization with system and network designs which includes an engineering background.
Should have familiarization with multiple operating systems: Windows 2003/2008/, Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Macintosh, Unix, Linux, and Solaris.
Should have familiarization with secure implementations such as VPNS, encryption technologies, IPSEC, V-LANS, and Wireless technologies.
Should have a thorough understanding of the federal regulations that encompass the SCI and collateral security process.
This includes, but is not limited to:
o Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002 (FISMA)
o Security Categorization and Control Selection For National Security Systems (CNSS Instruction No. 1253), dated March 2014
o ICD 503 Intelligence Community Information Technology Systems Security: Risk Management, Certification and Accreditation, September 15, 2008
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.