Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP)
2 days left
- Full Time
Human Resources Business Partner
Altarum Institute, a non-profit health systems research consulting organization headquartered in Ann Arbor, MI, is seeking a passionate and motivated Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) to primarily support our wholly owned subsidiary in the Silver Spring, MD office (Palladian Partners, Inc). The HRBP will serve as the primary point of contact for human resources issues for our Silver Spring office; however, may be required to assist other Altarum offices as needed.
Altarum’s HR team serves as a strategic business partner, providing strong leadership and quality service in all areas of human resource management. We work independently and in partnership with management and employees to ensure polices, practices, and programs support the organization and its employees while focusing on high-quality, win-win solutions. The successful candidate will be able to quickly and effectively develop productive working relationships; and become the go-to person for employee relations issues for all Maryland staff, which encompasses a diverse group of executives, scientists, researchers, and communication professionals.
Altarum integrates independent research and client-centered consulting to create comprehensive, systems-based solutions that improve health. With the rigor of the finest research institution, consulting skills honed over more than six decades, and an abiding commitment to the public interest, Altarum Institute enables better care and better health for all people.
• Quickly develop positive and productive working relationships with all levels of staff. Provide HR guidance and strategic direction to managers, leadership, the HR team, and Institute staff.
• Work collaboratively with HR, management, and staff to provide superior service to our client groups and Altarum as a whole to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
• Responsible for the complete life-cycle of an employee’s tenure, including on-boarding and orientation; explanation of benefits, Institute policies & procedures; facilitation of exit interview and departure process.
• Support and partner with the Talent Acquisition function for recruitment and talent initiatives as needed.
• Manage and resolve employee relations issues by conducting effective, thorough, and objective investigations.
• Support the performance management process, and provide day-to-day performance management guidance to leadership (e.g. coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions, etc.).
• Manage or support multiple HR projects related to a variety of exciting HR and business objectives.
- Provides guidance and input on workforce planning and succession planning.
- Continuously monitor employment laws and regulations, policies, programs, tools, resources and best practices of other organizations
- Manage unemployment claims, FMLA requests, leave of absence requests, military leave etc.
- Pro-actively identify and assess potential legal risks and act to ensure compliance. Partner with other departments (such as Legal, Contracts, Accounting) as needed.
- Perform compensation analysis and benchmarking activities for assigned business groups
- Act as the point-of-contact for guidance on compensation actions, including individual promotions, equity adjustments and related actions.
- Perform administrative tasks related to the above job responsibilities.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field.
• 5+ years of progressive experience in a human resources role.
• Working knowledge of multiple human resources disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational development, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
• Ability to work out of the Silver Spring, MD office.
Should a government granted security clearance be required for your position now or in the future, said clearance is a precondition for continued employment, and a background check including credit and criminal records will be conducted
ABOUT PALLADIAN PARTNERS:
We believe that exceptional communication improves lives. We are a team of strategists, writers, editors, designers, developers, and meeting planners. We translate research into strategically targeted communications that inform, educate, and empower. Since 1996, we have partnered with government and nonprofit clients to drive positive change through communication. We help our clients develop effective strategies to promote behavior change. We create integrated, evidence-based communication strategies that improve millions of lives. We believe that everyone should be able to access important health and science information.
In February 2011, Palladian Partners was acquired by Altarum Institute (based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, with additional offices in the Washington, D.C., area) as a strategic move for both organizations. Palladian operates as a wholly owned, for-profit subsidiary from our headquarters in Silver Spring, Maryland.
Altarum Institute is a nonprofit systems research and consulting organization that has been servicing government and private sector clients since 1946. Combining the analytical rigor of a research institution with the business agility of a consulting firm, the Institute is uniquely positioned to deliver practical, systems-based health and healthcare solutions to its clients. Altarum’s nonprofit status ensures that the public interest is always preeminent in our work. Our dedication to social responsibility is evident in all that we do, serving the public good with integrity and enabling others to do the same. Altarum develops and promote best practices in the application of information technology to health and health care. Applying systems research principles and analytic objectivity, we work to increase access to health information; improve the organization and usability of health information; and develop new knowledge from health information. We work to achieve these goals by addressing all aspects of information technology —policy and planning efforts, system design and development, information exchange, and the management and evaluation of specific information technology and strategies.
Altarum's dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. In addition to the meaningful and challenging work, Altarum offers an outstanding benefits program that includes paid time off, tuition reimbursement, 401k (5% employer contribution), a flexible work environment, and much more. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us. Altarum Institute is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.