Maintenance Assistant II (Residential)
CIM’s Property Management department is responsible for the asset management and operational services in office, multi-family residential, retail, mixed-use and hotel product types. Our properties are predominately located in the urban regions in Southern California, Northern California, Texas, New York City, Washington D.C., Charlotte, and Chicago.
POSITION PURPOSE: Under the direction of the Property Manager and/or Maintenance Supervisor, the Maintenance Assistant II is responsible for maintaining the buildings’ mechanical systems according to CIM Group operating and safety standards.
• Ensure all tenant/building work orders are responded to within 24 hours, maintain a binder with tabs for each unit including ground floor and management office and print out each tenant work order.
• Meet each Monday to review the printed work orders and the following Friday to confirm status of completed work orders.
• Create a monthly maintenance calendar with the goal of inspecting all units on a quarterly basis and submitting an inspection report to the Property Manager on a monthly basis.
• Complete preventive maintenance work in house such as appliances or as may be directed by a member of the property management team.
• Coordinate repair and/or maintenance of the following items to the standards identified including but not limited to: - Doors: re-key, hang, paint and/or replace - Clean out appliance filters, check drain lines and pans; know how to operate all systems including high end appliances in order to assist residents as required. - Replace HVAC filters, wet vac condensation pans, verify thermostat settings and know how to operate the unit in order to assist residents as required. - Plumbing snake and clear blockages up to 25 feet - Replace electrical sockets, switches, light bulbs and check breakers. - Flooring reattach thresholds - Minor wall repair (drywall, mud, tape and paint) as required - Ceiling repair (drywall, mud, tape and paint) - Replace plumbing fixtures such as levers, faucets and drains - Repair or maintain the common area items to the standards identified including but not limited to: - Doors re-key, hang and adjust as required - Plumbing fix irrigation leaks as they occur - Lighting replace burnt out bulbs - Windows re-caulk as required - Access devices work with Property Manager to ensure all equipment is under contract and properly maintained. - Set up Fob or key card access updates with Property Manager to building and or parking structures. - Touch up painting of corridors or public entry ways as requested by Property Manager
• Identify appliances that need to be replaced and with the Property Manager’s approval, ensure all appliances are properly disposed of and removed from the building with appropriate approval.
• Maintain a maintenance office with tools organized, tools and supplies inventoried and neatly stacked or organized and maintain maintenance files as requested or required by the Property Manager.
• High school education required
• Previous experience working in apartment buildings’ maintenance
• Previous experienced with painting and drywall repairs, appliance maintenance and keying or replacing unit doors
• Must possess a valid state-issued driver’s license.
• EPA certification Type I and II (as required)