Director of Regulations & International Affairs
Reports to: Vice President of Operations
Status: Full Time, Exempt
Overview: The Director of Regulations & International Affairs is responsible for representing HAI and HAI members on all regulatory issues pertaining to the international helicopter community.
Essential Functions of the Position Include, but Are Not Limited To:
- Monitoring all regulatory issues and/or activities related to the rotorcraft industry, the unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) industry, and aviation in general
- Monitoring international issues and/or activities of interest to HAI and representing HAI at various international meetings as needed
- Overseeing HAI’s Affiliate Member Program and serving as the main point of contact between HAI and current and potential affiliate members
- Serving as staff liaison for assigned HAI committees
- Providing assistance during all flight operations at the association’s annual trade show and exposition, HAI HELI-EXPO®
- Contributing content for use in HAI’s printed and electronic media
- Other duties as assigned
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
Desired Qualifications for the Position Include:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of seven years related work experience
- Previous aviation, regulatory, and/or international experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with significant experience in creating and delivering written proposals and public presentations
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Team player, with proven ability to manage, mentor, and motivate staff
- Experience developing and administering departmental budget(s)
- Detail oriented, self-starter, with strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to travel
The above qualifications and requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for the position.
- Submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements online at www.rotor.org/employment or by email to email@example.com
- Incomplete submissions will not be considered
- All positions are located in Alexandria, VA; flextime and telecommuting are not available
- All candidates are subject to background screening and drug testing
This posting is an announcement of a vacant position under recruitment.It is not intended to replace the official job description.
Helicopter Association International is an Equal Opportunity Employer.