Director of Membership
Department: Business Development
Reports to: Vice President of Business Development
Status: Full Time, Exempt
Overview: The Director of Membership is responsible for directing the membership recruitment and retention operations of the association, including the development of membership campaigns, member services, and affinity programs.
Essential Functions of the Position Include, but Are Not Limited To:
- Increasing the size and retention of the association's membership by developing and implementing strategic growth plans, managing the annual renewal process, and creating and commissioning new options for membership credentials
- Increasing membership revenue by developing new categories of membership, managing and growing membership products and services, and analyzing and recommending revisions to the existing dues structure
- Forecasting membership revenue for the association and preparing an annual budget
- Collaborating with the association’s IT staff on maintenance of the membership database, annual update process, membership analysis, and development of membership statistical reports
- Responding to inquiries regarding membership and registration for the association's annual trade show and exposition, HAI HELI-EXPO®
- Administering membership policies and standard operating procedures as directed
- Preparing membership materials for trade shows and participating in those events as needed and/or directed
- Providing superior customer service and support for the association's membership
- Managing the association’s membership staff
- Other duties as assigned
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
Desired Qualifications and Requirements for the Position Include:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Five or more years of trade association membership management experience
- Three or more years of supervisory experience
- Prior experience and proven results with membership acquisition and retention programs
- Prior success in developing and implementing membership and revenue growth plans for associations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a high emphasis on customer service and experience in creating and delivering written proposals and public presentations
- Team player with proven ability to manage, mentor, and motivate staff
- Advanced computer skills, proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, and substantial database experience
- Detail oriented, self-starter, with strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to travel if necessary
The above qualifications are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities required for the position.
- Submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements online at www.rotor.org/employment or by email to email@example.com
- Incomplete submissions will not be considered
- All positions are located in Alexandria, VA; flextime and telecommuting are not available
- All candidates are subject to background screening and drug testing
This posting is an announcement of a vacant position under recruitment. It is not intended to replace the official job description.
Helicopter Association International is an Equal Opportunity Employer.