TECHNOLOGY EDUCATION TEACHER, AOL
Must have or be eligible for Virginia licensure with Technology Education endorsement. Multiple endorsements are preferred but not required. Research or industry experience is also preferred, but not required.
Basic Qualifications: Passion for STEM education and genuine appreciation for the mission of the Academies of Loudoun; knowledge of content, curriculum, methods, materials, and equipment of instructional specialty(ies) to which assigned; knowledge of adolescent growth and development; knowledge of Loudoun County Public Schools (LCPS) curriculum related to assignments and School Division mission, goals, and organization; ability to apply knowledge of current research and theory to instructional programs; skill in the use of multi-media and computer technology to enhance learning; ability to plan and implement lessons based on Division and school objectives and the needs and abilities of students to whom assigned; ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with students, peers, administrators, and parents; skill in oral and written communications; strong collaborative, communication, and presentation skills.JOB DESCRIPTION:
The mission of the Academies of Loudoun is to empower students to explore, research, collaborate, innovate, and to make meaningful contributions to the world in the fields of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM). The Academies of Loudoun is comprised of three academies:
- Academy of Engineering & Technology (AET)
- Academy of Science (AOS)
- Monroe Advanced Technical Academy (MATA)
Teachers at the Academies of Loudoun must be ready to deliver advanced academic content and quality instruction to students who have made a commitment to a challenging STEM program. They should also be willing to continually plan and develop curriculum in a highly collaborative environment.
At the AET, students are able to pursue academic STEM pathways to engage in the study of engineering, information technology, and entrepreneurship. Within the Engineering pathway, teachers must be able to teach Engineering I & Engineering II. These courses are specifically designed for AET Engineering students who wish to engage in an intensive study of engineering, focusing on the engineering design process. AET Engineering courses are inquiry-based and content, such as simple machines, technical drawing, electricity, and kinematics, is learned through investigation and problem based learning. Students practice engineering fundamentals, using mathematical and scientific concepts, and they apply the engineering design process through participation in hands-on engineering projects.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates strong interest and ability to collaborate with the instructional team to use a multi-disciplinary approach that integrates STEM.
- Demonstrates content expertise and experience required to teach advanced levels of Engineering; interest and willingness to help students learn through and design long-term research activities.
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills necessary to collaborate on a daily basis with other members of the team to plan and implement appropriate instructional and/or learning strategies and activities.
- Evaluates student progress on a regular basis and maintains appropriate assessment and evaluation documentation for institutional and individual reporting purposes.
- Establishes and maintains open lines of communication with students and their parents.
- Manages the behavior of learners in an instructional setting to ensure that the environment is conducive to the learning process, and assists and participates in management of student behavior in other parts of the school, center, school grounds, or work site.
- Pursues professional growth through an ongoing program of reading and research, attendance at workshops, seminars, and conferences, and/or completing advanced coursework at institutions of higher learning.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and utilizes a variety of instructional materials and available multi-media and computer technology to enhance learning and meet the needs of individual students and student groups.
- Collaborates with other professionals (guidance counselors, librarians, etc.) to carry out school wide instructional or related activities as needed.
A person in this position reports to the Principal, Assistant Principal, and/or Academy Director.OTHER INFORMATION: LICENSED APPLICANTS MUST UPDATE THEIR APPLICATION TO INDICATE WHICH POSITION(S) THEY ARE APPLYING FOR. IF YOU HAVE NOT SUBMITTED A NEW RESUME WITHIN A YEAR AND/OR CHANGES HAVE BEEN MADE, PLEASE SUBMIT AN UPDATED RESUME.
OPEN UNTIL FILLEDAPPLY TO:
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES AND TALENT DEVELOPMENTSALARY:
Salary Range: Refer to
207 Day Position, 7 hours per dayDAYS: FROM - TO -