Associate Director, Annual Fund for Georgetown Athletics, Hoyas Unlimited (Special Events and Annua
Associate Director for Special Events and Alumni Relations - Annual Fund for Athletics and Hoyas Unlimited
The goal of the Annual Fund for Athletics and Hoyas Unlimited is to advance the mission of the Georgetown Athletic Department through fundraising, communications, and events.
The Associate Director for Special Events and Alumni Relations is responsible for the planning and managing of over fifty athletic department events each year. This individual works to cultivate, fund-raise and steward donors through signature events that promote the Annual Fund for Georgetown Athletics. The Associate Director will manage over $300,000 in budgetary funding. This individual is responsible for all event revenue and income as well as donations associated with these events. Estimated event income and donations is over $200,000 per year. Annual signature events include the Athletic Recognition Event, Hall of Fame Dinner, Men's Basketball Banquet and a number of sport specific fundraising events. In this role there is a tremendous amount of time spent working alone and managing priorities simultaneously with minimal supervision. Duties include but are not limited to:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reports to the Director of The Annual Fund for Georgetown Athletics and Hoyas Unlimited, the Associate Director for Special Events and Alumni Relations is responsible for the planning and execution of all Signature Athletics department events.
- Works to cultivate, fundraise and steward donors through signature events that promote The Annual Fund for Georgetown Athletics.
- Plans events and the manages of all contracts, logistical and financial aspects attached to executing the event.
- Works closely with the Associate Director for Marketing and Strategic Communications and the Assistant Director for Data Analytics and communications to coordinate the identification of event attendees and develop a strategic outreach plan to ensure the events are well attended.
- Responsible for all event revenue and income as well as donations associated with these events. Annual signature events include the Athletic Recognition Event, Athletics Hall of Fame, Men's Basketball Banquet, Athletics Leadership Donor dinner, Sailing Gala and all alumni related sport-specific events for our 29 varsity sports.
- Works closely with the Hoya Hoop Club President to plan all pre and post game events, including post-season events surrounding the men's basketball season.
- Engages new alumni, parents, fans and friends helping to ultimately grow the Annual Fund for Georgetown Athletics through special events.
- Works directly with coaches and senior sport administrators in order to design and implement key strategic communications and fundraising initiatives related to signature events and alumni engagement.
- Manages the student intern as well as multiple volunteers who assist in the execution of events and fundraising for Georgetown Athletics.
- Works with key event vendors, donors, alumni, parents, fans and friends, volunteers, coaches, senior sport administrators, as well as student-athletes and interns to promote Georgetown Athletics, engage new and current donors, create programming and steward athletics donors.
- Responsible for senior student-athlete class giving to drive participation and giving to athletics.
- Responsible for the CBS, online Georgetown Athletics annual auction and other sport-specific auctions to drive giving to The Annual Fund for Georgetown Athletics.
- 2+ years event planning experience
- Maintaining and reporting on the metrics of signature athletics events of each of our 29 varsity programs
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong writing, interpersonal communication and computer skills a must
- Proven experience managing multiple, competing priorities while working to support the University's fundraising goals
- The ability to work with other members of a team are essential
- Expertise in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and other software to produce reports and presentations
- Demonstrated ability to exercise diplomacy, judgment and tact; trustworthiness in handling confidential matters
- Accuracy in materials preparation and dependability
- Experience working with volunteers and alumni relations a plus
- A strong desire to contribute to and participate in the mission of the Office of Advancement
- Must be able to work nights and weekends
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Please select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.