Air Conditioning Mechanic
The Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority
The dynamic Aviation industry is seeking a seasoned professional!
Join our Team!
Air Conditioning Mechanic
T19, $27.77 to $36.10/HR
Washington Dulles International Airport, Utilities Services Division, MA-223A
Open Until Filled*
*Amended from original closing date of 05/04/2017
WHY CHOOSE THE AIRPORTS AUTHORITY?
While finding a job that meets your career goals and pays you well is important, remember that the employer’s benefits may make all the difference. To review benefits information please click here.
To review the description of duties, please click here.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (MQS):
To be rated qualified for this job, an applicant must meet all of the MQs listed below at the time of vacancy announcement closure.
1. A high school diploma, a Certificate of General Educational Development (GED), or an equivalent combination of education, experience and training.
2. Four years of progressively responsible experience (post high school) in the maintenance, and repair of air conditioning equipment and systems which includes one year in the installation, test, diagnosis, maintenance, and repair of large-scale, commercial and industrial air conditioning (A/C) equipment and systems, such as, chillers, air and water-cooled condensers, low-pressure boilers, humidifiers, dehumidifiers, circulating pumps, air handlers, exhaust fans, air curtains, ice machines, and refrigerators. This includes knowledge of the theories, principles, requirements, and standards of the trade.
A Journey License as an Heating, Ventilating, Air Conditioning (HVAC) mechanic is evidence of four years of progressively responsible trade experience, but is not, by itself, evidence of the one year of experience specializing in installation, test, diagnosis, maintenance, and repair of large-scale, commercial and industrial air conditioning (A/C) equipment and systems, as specified.
3. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Universal Certification (Section 608) to service HVAC/Refrigeration Equipment.
The qualifications listed below (if any) are preferred and may be considered in the selection process, but they are not required to be rated qualified for this job:
1. Licensed as a HVAC Mechanic in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
2. Experience working safely in a trade on a busy airfield or in an equivalent work environment such as, but not limited to, working in a trade requiring prolonged concentration and attention to detail amid maritime or motor freight cargo loading/unloading or other types of near-constant movements/operations that require continuous situational awareness and alertness to continually changing circumstances and events.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is completed, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be done to determine if you meet the minimum qualification requirements. There is an Assessment questionnaire(s) that you must complete. Your resume and supporting documentation will then be compared to your responses to the assessment questionnaire(s). If a determination is made that your application does not support your responses, which you provided in the assessment questionnaire, your application will not receive further consideration for this announcement.
A background security investigation will be required for all new hires.