The City of Takoma Park is seeking an Equipment Operator to operate heavy construction equipment in support of the City’s public works operations.
- Operate loader, skid steer, backhoe and tractor and their attachments
- Drive small and large trucks to and from job sites with materials; pick up supplies
- Perform line stripping on streets with paint machine and manually
- Participate in leaf collection operations, operate leaf vacuum and tub grinder
- Set forms, pour and finish concrete sidewalks
- Operate street sweeper to clean streets and right of ways
- Perform maintenance on street signs
- Patch potholes with cold patch
- Perform street maintenance including crack filling and pavement repair
- Operate snow plow and salt spreaders during snow and ice events
- Perform pre- and post-inspections and minor maintenance on all equipment assigned to the Division
- Assist the Sanitation Division as a fill-in trash truck or recycling truck driver when needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED; and,
- Three to six months of related experience; or
- Any combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Valid Commercial Driver’s License (Class B).
- Loader, truck and back hoe certifications desirable.
The City offer an excellent benefits package to include State retirement plan; medical, dental and life insurance; long-term disability; employee assistance program; tuition reimbursement; flexible spending accounts; and other supplemental programs.
Please visit our website: www.takomaparkmd.gov/hr/careers