Front End Developer
The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts is currently seeking a Web Developer to support our technical team in developing and updating the company websites. The Web Developer will need to have strong experience in front-end development and integration with the ability to juggle several projects at a time while working well with others. We are looking for a highly motivated developer that will be integral in our goal of elevating the current user experience to a higher level.
Duties and Responsibilities:
10% Participate in planning sessions to review projects to identify and estimate front-end development requirements.
10% Actively engage and collaborate during UI development to help identify new approaches for enhancing the overall user experience.
10% Lead the discovery and assessment of front-end technologies and put forth recommendations for their use.
10% Work together with back-end developers to integrate UI into functional deployment ready pages.
10% Ensure all products are delivered on-time and to the highest level of standards.
• Minimum college level degree (BA for example) and Minimum 5 years of professional front-end development experience.
• Must be expert in the use of computers and the Internet;
• Must have excellent writing and editing skills;
• Dedication to client service;
• Demonstrated passion for performing arts subjects a plus;
Minimum Skills and/or Knowledge Required:
• Must have strong expertise in working with AJAX, REST and JSON with a demonstrated ability to create advanced parsing and data manipulation functions
• Experience working with template engines (Handlebars, Mustache, Underscore)
• Strong expertise in debugging and troubleshooting web applications
• HTML5, CSS/3 development skills with an emphasis on multi-browser compatibility
• Developed projects utilizing responsive design, grid frameworks (Bootstrap) to support multiple platforms including desktop, tablet and mobile.
• Integration with third-party social platforms and APIs including YouTube, Facebook and Twitter
• Capable of working with Visual Studio / Team Foundation Server (TFS)
• Experience with .NET C# is a plus.
• Familiarity with Sitefinity CMS a strong bonus
• Must have excellent communication skills with the ability to collaborate effectively with development teams
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts is a world premier performing arts organization and our nation’s cultural center. Diversity is a critical component of our mission, vision, and values. Our staff exhibits a wide variety of perspectives and experiences which enable us to foster and strengthen an environment of diversity and inclusion.