Technology Support Specialist - Temp-to-Hire
A global law firm is seeking a temp-to-hire Technology Support Specialist who, at the direction of, and in coordination with, the Washington Office Technology Support Manager, will be responsible for responding to, solving or escalating issues with hardware, software and other technologies utilized by end users. He or she will resolve and respond to end-user incidents and requests received via telephone, email and the incident management system in accordance with current standards and escalation procedures. Must be able to: communicate work issues, report work progress, and keep accurate records in a professional manner; configure hardware such as: workstations, printers, and mobile devices, as well as the ability to assist with non-standard home systems and software; troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software, operating system, and networking problems; work independently with various levels of lawyers, management and staff, both internally as well as with external hardware and software vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree from 4-year University. Professional certification such as A+, Security+ and ITIL foundation a plus.
- 3+ years of experience in a professional services environment with progressive and sustained increase in knowledge and responsibility. Law firm experience desired.
- In-depth technical background and abilities including experience with current Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft Office, Citrix, VPN, Interwoven FileSite, Innova template and other legal industry applications.
- Strong knowledge of third party video conference systems: Blue Jeans, and GoTo meeting.
- Strong knowledge of other products including desktop hardware and peripherals, phones, A/V equipment (PCs, notebooks, printers, scanners, mobile phones (iOS and Android).
- Demonstrated experience in supporting local external drives, local backup solutions, personal firewalls, wireless hardware (mice and keyboards) and wireless routers.
- Knowledge of network and Internet technologies, protocols and concepts (TCP/IP, DHCP, Ethernet), and Internet TCP/IP protocols for both wired and wireless connections.
- Demonstrated success in effective delivery of customer service with a commitment to working closely with other members of the Firm’s technology team.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to listen effectively and the ability to present oneself in a calm, professional manner under pressures of time and schedule.
- Flexibility regarding work schedule to meet position needs outside of regular business hours and to carry and respond to a Firm-provided mobile device.
- Ability and motivation to learn new technologies quickly with minimal support and guidance.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently communicate with lawyers and staff so that instructions are clearly presented, consistently understood, and feature excellent verbal and written communication techniques.