Project Manager, Media Strategies
3 days left
- Full Time
Position Announcement #117006 –
Project Manager, Media Strategies
The Corporation for Public Broadcasting is a private, nonprofit corporation created to ensure universal access to non commercial high quality programming and telecommunications services. We invest in programs and services that are educational, innovative, locally relevant, and reflect America’s common values and cultural diversity. We believe that our fundamental purpose is to encourage the development of programming that involves creative risks and that addresses the needs of unserved and underserved audiences, particularly children and minorities.
CPB is currently seeking to hire a Project Manager, Media Strategies (Level 7) Salary $60,200 - $94,000. This position reports directly to the Vice President, Media Strategy Operations.
Initiate, plan, manage and/or execute initiatives, programs and projects that support CPB’s media strategies, and public media’s efforts to: 1) enhance the financial health of public media stations; 2) improve public media’s ability to develop and deliver content across various digital platforms; and, 3) ensure the accomplishment of specific outcomes established through system-wide, as well as local, planning and strategy sessions.
- Participates with Media Strategies leadership to identify and establish project objectives and key initiatives for CPB’s investments in digital media technologies as well as for related strategic and tactical planning processes, both system-wide, as well as at the local level, to develop and enhance system operational effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Supports public media’s strategic planning efforts, both system-wide and at the local level, through the identification, compilation and synthesis of accurate data on public broadcasting station finances and funding, business models, audience trends and strategic plans, as well as the analysis and tracking of industry and consumer home technology trends. Facilitates the collection and synthesis of station and system data utilizing interviews, focus groups, strategy sessions, financial benchmarking, and other relevant data collection methodologies.
- Facilitates grantmaking and procurement processes, developing grant guidelines, Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and other competitive solicitation documents, and evaluating proposals and applications with the assistance of practitioner and staff advisory panels as needed.
- Acts as the lead on specific assigned Media Strategies projects and initiatives, leading/performing required project management activities to ensure their effective and efficient execution and completion. Completes close out processes for completed projects, ensuring that all project expectations have been met and any required documentation and follow-up activities are completed, executed, and maintained.
- Develops concurrence requests in accordance with CPB’s concurrence policies and procedures, completing work scopes and defining deliverables, payment amounts/terms, and related timelines; works collaboratively with OBA to complete the contracting process with vendors and grantees, participating in negotiations, as required, and preparing contract amendments, as necessary.
- Establishes ongoing evaluation and follow-up actions to assess the effect and/or impact of projects and strategic initiatives and identify opportunities to improve them and/or make changes to support and enhance their future success and the delivery of desired outcomes, while ensuring alignment with and support of CPB objectives.
- Fosters and maintains effective and productive working relationships within CPB and with public broadcasting organizations, and with a variety of individuals and groups in television and non-profit industries, in order to create synergy around digital media strategies and secure and share information regarding industry trends and activities. Represents CPB as speaker, presenter, or participant at meetings and conferences.
- Establishes and executes the delivery of communication processes and vehicles within CPB and, as appropriate, to other stakeholders, including reports, memos, positions papers, presentations, etc., for sharing information related to the results of Media Strategies projects and investments, as well as to ensure/facilitate the understanding about relevant media technology and business trends and topics.
- Supports, as needed, other Media Strategies projects, including research and analysis initiatives.
- Maintains continuously current knowledge of emerging media technologies, as well as project management processes and techniques, applying best practices in the execution of job duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as business management, or communications, or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of five years work experience in a professional level position requiring skills in project management, grants or contract administration and/or management, budget development and/or management, and/or business planning and analysis.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skills related to project management and the execution of all phases of the project process (e.g., establishing goals, planning, organizing, and managing resources – including budget), as well as related to managing and prioritizing multiple concurrent projects.
- Strong organization and time management skills, as well as analytical and negotiation capabilities and an attention to detail.
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal, particularly a demonstrated proficiency in business writing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively and develop and strategically manage business relationships.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated technical computer proficiency with MS Office, to include word processing, spreadsheets, and reporting tools.
- Basic ability to read and analyze financial reports and budgets.
- A results-orientation, with a demonstrated ability to quickly synthesize information and act upon it, as well as initiative and a sense of urgency.
- Ability to travel.
- Advanced degree (e.g., MBA, MPA).
- Cable, broadcast, or online media experience.
- Experience managing vendor and/or consultant projects including workplanning, budgeting and contract management.
- Evidence of the ability to take a leadership role and establish records and systems to accomplish duties and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
- Familiarity with public media.
- Knowledge of new/digital media platforms and the effective use of these in the delivery of diverse content to diverse audiences.
- Knowledge of strategic planning with demonstrated capabilities relative to executing/ facilitating planning processes.
- Meeting facilitation skills, as well as the ability to prepare and conduct presentations and training programs to groups of varying sizes.
For more information about CPB, our programs, and our mission, please visit our website at www.cpb.org. Please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary history with the position announcement number #117006 to:
CPB Human Resources
Corporation for Public Broadcasting
401 Ninth Street, NW
Washington, DC 20004
The Corporation for Public Broadcasting is committed to the principles of diversity and equal employment opportunity. It is the policy of the Corporation for Public Broadcasting to hire and promote employees without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, matriculation as a student, political affiliation, physical or mental handicap or disability, or other protected basis under applicable federal and District of Columbia law.
Apply for Project Manager, Media Strategies
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly