Senior Financial Analyst
Performs financial analysis and reporting in order to monitor finances associated with business operations.
1. Responsible for complex tasks in various financial functions such as budgeting, auditing, forecasting and analysis.
2. Collects and reviews financial data from various sources.
3. Creates, maintains, and updates financial databases and spreadsheets, and generates various financial reports as required.
4. Analyzes assigned contracts' projected staff hours, contract totals, revenues, and profit totals.
5. Maintains appropriate records and documentation.
6. Supports assigned managers in managing, tracking, monitoring, and reporting financial data as requested.
7. Makes recommendations to management to improve the financial performance of the organization.
8. Develops budgets for assigned contracts and tracks performance to budgets.
9. Assists in the development of financial policies and guidelines.
10. Conducts audits and analysis of their organization's direct and indirect costs, and reviews their practices and procedures, ensuring that labor and non-labor charges are approved, allowable, and processed in a timely manner.
11. May have risk identification and recovery responsibilities.
12. Ensures compliance with internal policies and procedures, as well as DAR, FAR, SOX and other government regulations.
13. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced employees, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
14. Maintains current knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
15. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Finance or a related business discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.
8-10 years of related finance or business analysis experience.
Must be willing and able to be cleared to secret level upon hire.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.