Refugee Operations Manager
3 days left
- Full Time
Job Description: Under the general direction of the Program Manager and Deputy Program Manager, the Refugee Operations Manager works closely with U.S. Department of State: Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration (PRM), to support the overall mission for overseas and domestic components of the United States Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP). The Refugee Operations Manager will be a trusted and relied upon subject matter expert in refugee processing and procedures. The Refugee Operations Manager is responsible for and leads a team of specialists who manage a complex pipeline which consists of Domestic and Overseas refugee processing activities. The Refugee Operations Manager will also lead dedicated staff to participate in the development of the Worldwide Refugee Admissions Processing System (WRAPS). WRAPS is a web-based case management system and reporting tool that assists in managing refugee processing activities. Responsibilities: The Refugee Operations Manager will work closely with the Domestic Case Processing Manager to supervise the following tasks in support of Domestic Refugee Processing:
- Oversee work with Resettlement Support Centers, United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and other stakeholders to process family reunification cases such as Affidavit of Relationship and Central American MinorsManage DNA results entered for applicable cases Work with the team to prepare for weekly allocations meetings and oversee communication with Resettlement Agencies as well as process assurances, amended assurances, case transfers and waivers IOM ABNs and Departure Notices with case data and resolve discrepancies in order to confirm arrivalsLead the Domestic team to generate and process post arrival reports and reconcile WRAPS refugee arrival information with RA records and provide reports to PRM and other stakeholders
- Manage CLASS name checks processing, determine clearances and the resolution of hitsWork with the team to generate Security Advisory Opinions and determine clearancesManage the allocation of case and alien numbers within WRAPSEnsure the team enters DHS denials into the CLASS system and tracks Fingerprint ClearancesProduce relevant reports and facilitate communication with stakeholdersProcess sensitive cases that cannot be processed by an RSC as well as process Special Immigrant Visa (SIV) and I-130 casesWork closely with IOM to arrange travel for cases not processed at RSCs; serve as an information resource on V-93 processing for Embassies
- Coordinates Refugee Operations activities with Production Support, User Acceptance
- Testing, systems design and prototype reviews to provide the user perspective in WRAPS system development and troubleshooting defects.
- Monitors and analyzes costs and prepares budget. Prepares reports and records on department activities for management. Evaluates current procedures and practices for accomplishing department objectives to develop and implement improved procedures and practices.
- Establishes standards for functions that are in accord with the contractor's quality control and configuration management programs, ensures that they are understood and evaluates employee performance. Reviews or spot checks the work of employees and is available to provide advice and assistance as needed. May initiate or authorize employee hire, promotion, discharge, or transfer.
- Minimum of (5) years of progressive management experience
- At least five years of hands-on experience in work similar to that being supervised
- Subject matter expert in refugee processing procedures. Familiar with refugee
- administration including report generation techniques, associated statistical methods,
- Congressional inquiries and help desk procedures.
- Ability to prepare management, business, technical, and personnel reports, reviews, and documents for internal and external use
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience managing projects at Department of State
- Experience managing operations with more than 15 personnel