Principal Systems Engineer (Connectivity Support Services) (TS/SCI w/ Poly Required)
7 days left
- Full Time
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) is looking for a Principal Systems Engineer to serve on the Connectivity Services team supporting a mission centric 24x7 enterprise operations & data center(s) infrastructure. Candidate will support a wide variety of classified and unclassified networks dispersed over multiple geographic regions. The candidate will be responsible for connectivity support, network infrastructure and services. The candidate will perform the following duties: Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems. 1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering. 2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis. 3. Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients. 4. Plans and directs upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements. 5. Develops documentation on new or existing systems. 6. Develops and directs tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements. 7. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems. 8. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance. 9. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility. 10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibilities. 11. Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met. 12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned. 13. Participates in special projects as required. Education Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience. Qualifications
- 8-10 years of related systems engineering experience.
- Support the 1st shift work schedule in a 24x7 Operations CenterKnowledge of ITIL service management processesAdvanced knowledge of systems engineering principles, methods, and techniques Knowledge of the associated hardware, software, and equipment
- Knowledge of storage, database administration and server virtualization
- Experience with enterprise data storage planning, design, testing and implementation of SAN, NAS, Virtualization and data center cloud services
- Prior work on large, geographically disperse networks
- Experience working with network types and technologies including VoIP, TCP, OSPFv3, MPLS, IPv6, and more)
- Professional certification in one or more specific technologies is required, depending on job assignment such as Cisco, VMWare, Citrix, VSphere, ITSM products, NetApp, Microsoft, ITIL Foundations, PMP, etc.