Database Engineer (TS/SCI w/ Poly Required)
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) is looking for a Database Engineer to provide database administration support on a mission centric 24x7 enterprise operations & data center(s) infrastructure. Candidate will support a wide variety of classified and unclassified networks dispersed over multiple geographic regions. The selected candidate will be responsible for designing, planning, implementing and administering databases, including security, access, and documentation. The candidate will perform the following duties: Responsible for designing, planning, implementing and administering databases, including security, access, and documentation. 1. Participates in the design, maintenance, enhancement, coding, and administration of relational databases. 2. Analyzes and determines information needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities. 3. Coordinates new data development ensuring consistency and integration with existing data warehouse structure. 4. Reviews business requests for data and data usage, researches data sources for new and better data feeds. 5. Participates in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality, including performing proactive maintenance such as ensuring continued space availability, monitoring activity, and documenting problems, changes, and solutions. 6. Assignments may include design of data dictionaries, database structure and layout, installing, upgrading, and managing database applications. 7. Provides guidance and work leadership to less experienced Analysts, and may have supervisory responsibilities. 8. May serve as technical team or task leader. 9. Stay current on vendors' best security practices in relation to organizational requirements. 10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned. 11. Participates in special projects as required. Education Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience. Qualifications
- 10-15 years of related database analysis and/or administration experience.
- Must possess a TS/SCI polygraph clearance
- Support the 1st shift work schedules/shifts in a 24x7 Operations Center. Prior work experience supporting large enterprise Oracle databases using MySQL, SQL, PL/SQL.Knowledge of ITIL service management processes.Experience with ServiceNow or other service desk ticketing tools.Basic knowledge of software engineering principles, methods, and techniques.Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in computer troubleshooting and support.
- Knowledge of database administration and server virtualization.
- Ability to communicate technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications.
- Advanced knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in database development, coding, and design, including business analysis, event modeling, logical and physical database design, data access analysis and design, DBMS optimization, archive and recovery strategy, load strategy design and implementation, security, and change management.
- Professional certification in one or more specific technologies is required i.e. Oracle Database 11g or 12c, Oracle Database Cloud, Sybase, Microsoft SQL, Mongo DB, ITIL Foundations, etc.