Information Technology Specialist (Systems Administration/Customer Support)
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY DIVISION / ARLINGTON, VA
The United States Marshals Service is the nation's oldest and most versatile federal law enforcement agency. The missions of the Service include protection of the judiciary, court security, witness security, asset seizure and forfeiture, apprehension of fugitives, prisoner transportation and custody.
Who May Apply: You may apply if you are a US Citizen or National.
This position is a Headquarters, United States Marshals Service (USMS), Information Technology Division position, reporting to the Customer Management Branch. This position may be located either in a USMS District Office or at Headquarters (HQ). The incumbent serves as the Account Manager for one or more districts or HQ Offices as directed by the Account Management Lead at HQ or the Chief Information Officer. The incumbent is responsible for overseeing all information technology requirements within the assigned area of responsibility (AOR) which may include access to classified programs and handling classified and/or sensitive data. The incumbent serves as an Account Manager responsible for the full range of IT support to USMS personnel.
- Occasional Travel
- 1 to 5 nights of travel per month may be required.
In order to qualify, applicants must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below:
1. Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
2. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
3. Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
4. Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
In addition to the basic requirement above, applicants must qualify for this position via the experience described below.To be considered minimally qualified for this position, you must demonstrate that you have the required specialized experience for the respective grade level(s) in which you are applying:
Specialized Experience: Applicant must have one or more years of specialized work experience equivalent to at least the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service performing duties related to:
- Managing helpdesk actions in support of an organization;
- Planning, developing, and implementing secure, cost-effective IT solutions for customers;
- Managing the configuration, installation, and integration of workstations, routers, and hardware/software components into the current enterprise;
- Facilitating the IT change control process;
- Evaluating technology alternatives and assessing them against established criteria to recommend the best possible solution for customers;
- Managing multiple IT projects simultaneously; and
- Educating users on new IT services and technologies.
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE MAY NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. If your resume does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s).
All qualifications requirements for this position must be met within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement.