Work Study Student Program 2017/2018
The Library of Congress Work Study Student Program is a progressive, career development program for local high school students. It combines on-the-job training and career development with classroom instructions and education. Under the paid program, students earn a federal salary, receive work site supervision and career assistance. Students will get the rare chance to work part-time when school is in session with the possibility of full-time employment during school breaks in the administrative support field.
GS - 1: No experience required other than attendance in accredited high school with an early release time. (During High School Work Study Program)
GS - 2: High school diploma. (As you graduate high school and complete High School Work Study Program, it is possible to be promoted, if certain requirements are met)
GS - 3: High school diploma and 1 year of work experience. (As you graduate high school and complete High School Work Study Program, it is possible to be promoted, if certain requirements are met)
Students who are homeschooled must have completed 70% of their high school studies at the time of application as demonstrated on school transcript.
For a student to be eligible to submit an application for the Library of Congress Work Study Student Program they must meet the following requirements.
- A US Citizen
- Enrolled in their Junior or Senior year of high school studies at a local high school not more than 45 minutes commute to worksite
- Must be available for work Monday - Friday 12:00 to 4:00 p.m. OR Monday - Friday 1:00 to 5:00 p.m. - available from June 1, 2017 through May 30, 2018.
- At least 16 years of age
- Eligible for a Work Permit OR 18 years old
- In good standing with high school grades
- In good standing with previous employers or supervisors at volunteer positions
- Demonstrate positive behavior at high school and work environments
- Recommended by the appropriate high school officials through required e-mail procedure (see Required Documents section of vacancy for e-mail procedure)
Public Trust - Background Investigation