Management and Program Analyst
1 day left
- Full Time
Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
The National Protection and Programs Directorate (NPPD) leads the national effort to protect and enhance the resilience of the nation's physical and cyber infrastructure. Learn more about NPPD.
Join the Office of Infrastructure Protection (IP) to lead the coordinated national effort to reduce risk to our critical infrastructure posed by acts of terrorism, natural disaster, or other emergency.
Who May Be Considered:
- All U.S Citizens.
- Veterans' preference eligibles or veterans who have been separated from the Armed Forces under honorable conditions after substantially completing at least three consecutive years of active duty (click here for information on veterans)
More than one selection may be made from this announcement.
Appointments are subject to the availability of funds.
- Occasional Travel
- You may be expected to travel for this position.
A. Must possess at least one full year of specialized experience comparable in scope and responsibility to the GS-7 level in the Federal service (obtained in either the public or private sectors). This experience includes activities such as Knowledge and skill in applying analytical and evaluative methods and techniques to issues or studies concerning the efficiency and effectiveness of program operations; Knowledge of administrative regulations and operating procedures and skill in applying fact finding and investigative techniques to conduct interviews, review work processes/procedures, and evaluate records for the purpose of gathering clear cut evidence of compliance with agency policy and procedures or evidence of waste, fraud, or abuse; Knowledge of the major issues, program goals and objectives, work processes and administrative operations of the organization assigned; skill in preparing and delivering management briefings on study findings and recommendations.
B. Possess a Master's or equivalent degree (e.g., J.D. if related), or completed at least two full years graduate level education leading to the Master's in computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or technology management or degree that provided a minimum of 24 semester hours in one or more of the fields identified above and required the development or adaptation of applications, systems or networks. NOTE: You must include copies (official or unofficial) of your transcripts to support completed coursework.
A. Must possess at least one full year of specialized experience comparable in scope and responsibility to the GS-9 level in the Federal service (obtained in either the public or private sectors). This experience includes activities such as applying analytical and evaluative methods and techniques to measure the efficiency, effectiveness, and productivity of complex mission technical program operations; comprehensive knowledge of the range of administrative laws, policies, regulations, and precedents applicable to the administrative and line programs; interpersonal skills in presenting management recommendations and, negotiating solutions to disputed problems; skill is in written and oral communications sufficient to prepare written guidance and decisions.
B. Must possess a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree (e.g., LL.M. if related), or completed at least three full years graduate level education leading to a doctoral degree in computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or technology management or degree that provided a minimum of 24 semester hours in one or more of the fields identified above and required the development or adaptation of applications, systems or networks. NOTE: You must include copies (official or unofficial) of your transcripts to support completed coursework.
New employees must serve a one year probationary period.
Conditions of Employment
- This position is a non critical-sensitive position and the tentative selectee must undergo and successful complete a single scope background investigation for a Secret clearance as a condition of placement/retention in this position.
- Relocation expenses will not be paid.
- Overnight travel of 1 to 5 nights per month may be required.
- Drug Test: Must submit to a drug test and receive a negative drug test result before you can be appointed into this position.
- Essential Personnel: This position may be designated as essential personnel. Essential personnel must be able to serve during continuity of operations events without regard to declarations of liberal leave or government closures due to weather, protests, and acts of terrorism or lack of funding. Failure to report for or remain in this position may result in disciplinary or adverse action in accordance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations.