IT Specialist (Applications Software)
This position is part of the WHS EITSD. As a IT Specialist (Applications Software), this position is located in:
erves as the Solutions Development Manager for the Office of the Secretary of Defense Secure Web Services (OSD SWS) system located in the Enterprise Information Technology Services Directorate (EITSD), Solutions Development Division, (SOL) soon to be named Joint Service Provider Secure Systems Integration Office - JPS (SSIO). OSD SWS is a hosting and distribution environment that delivers highly compartmented web applications to the DoD and IC Special Access Program (SAP) communities. The SWS program conducts custom web application development, provides a cloud based hosting environment, and delivers services to several thousand DoD and IC users. The incumbent serves as an advisor to the OSD SWS Program Manager, staff, and subordinates on all software engineering, integration, and quality assurance/testing related matters. Represents the Program Manager's interests with external customers, the DoD SAPCO, DoD CIO, and the Intelligence Community on all matters related to solutions development and engineering management.
Washington Headquarters Services was established as a Department of Defense Field Activity on October 1, 1977, as part of a DoD headquarters streamlining initiative. Approximately 1,200 civilian and military employees as well as contract staff are organized into 12 directorates and offices. WHS personnel contribute to the mission of our Defense customers by managing DoD-wide programs and operations for the Pentagon Reservation and DoD leased facilities in the National Capital Region. WHS is organizationally aligned under the Director of Administration for the Office of the Deputy Chief Management Officer.
- Occasional Travel
- You may be expected to travel for this position.
You may qualify at the GS-14 level, if you fulfill the following qualification requirement:
One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service that demonstrates your ability to (1) advising on Special Access Program (SAP) and/or Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)security principles; (2) serving as a project manager to develop and implement Top Secret systems; (3) developing conceptual and logical design to improve productivity and software quality throughout the life cycle; and (4)developing Performance Work Statements (PWS) to develop cost estimates.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
1) This position is designated as a Testing Designated Position (TDP) under the civilian drug-testing program. As a mandatory requirement for employment in this TDP, the incumbent is to (a) refrain from the use of illegal drugs and (b) if required, submit to urinalysis testing. The selectee must sign statements acknowledging the position is identified as a TDP.
2) The employee must be able to obtain and maintain Top Secret SCI security clearance.
3) The employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours, which may include evenings, weekends, and/or holidays and/or overtime.
4) Work may occasionally require travel away from the normal duty station on military or commercial aircraft.
5) Incumbent is required to file an OGE Form 450, Confidential Financial Disclosure Report, upon appointment and will be required to file annually.
6) In accordance with DoD Manual 8570.01-M the incumbent of this position must achieve certification for IAT Level II within six months of entering on duty and maintain that certification as required by the same reference.
You may NOT substitute education in lieu of specialized experience at this grade level.
Only experience and education obtained by the closing date of this announcement will be considered.
All qualifications and specialized experience requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement and clearly documented in your resume.