Research Administrator, Georgetown-Howard Universities Center for Clinical and Translational Scienc
Research Administrator, Georgetown-Howard Universities Center for Clinical and Translational Science - Georgetown University Medical Center
The Georgetown-Howard Universities Center for Clinical and Translational Science (GHUCCTS) is a multi-institutional consortium of medical research institutions forged from a desire to promote clinical research and translational science. The members of the GHUCCTS consortium are: Georgetown University (GU), Howard University (HU), MedStar Health Research Institute (MHRI), Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL), and the Washington Veteran's Affairs Medical Center (VAMC). Through multiple partnerships and collaborations among the member institutions, GHUCCTS is transforming clinical research and translational science in order to bring new scientific advances to health care.
The Research Administrator manages the daily operational, personnel and financial activities of the GHUCCTS - administrative assistance to the Executive Principal Investigator and Senior Administrative Director; and coordination of all interactions with program faculty, research mentors, technical staff, advisory and center committees from our partnered; and collaborating institutions and departments. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provides administrative assistance to the Executive PI and Senior Administrative Director.
- Manages the day-to-day operations/workflow of the administrative office.
- Coordinates meeting among leadership, partner institutions and internal/external advisory groups.
- Handles all meeting logistics and travel arrangements as necessary.
- Organizes catering and reserve space requirements as necessary for meetings.
- Serve as a resource to the program components, administrators, staff and interested party inquiring about the programs that interact with the Center.
- Updates and coordinates website development for GHUCCTS.
- Ensures events calendar are up to date.
- Leads, expands and provides expertise, in conjunction with the Education Manager, in the use of iAPPS Analytics and Marketier.
- Arranges for technical support of programs.
- Develops and leads process improvement initiative with Senior Administrator.
- Provides assistance to component directors whenever possible to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Represents the Center at University meetings including meetings at our partner institutions.
- Communicates and adheres to all University administrative policies and procedures to faculty and staff.
- Performs monthly initial CSR reviews of account, making sure that all invoice copies are received and filed.
- Processes expense vouchers, invoices, purchase requisitions, and employee reimbursements.
- Communicates budget information to faculty and staff for Center
- Provides instruction and answer questions relating to budget procedures
- Ensures that expenses are charged to the appropriate accounts and that account is in good standing prior to approval.
- Processes electronic transfers.
- Ensures that all back up documents are presented and approved by the Principal investigator.
- Reconciles expenditures and electronic transfers; and resolve discrepancies
- Reviews and reconciles monthly procurement and debit card statements.
- Develops and maintains database that tracks publication, PI grant funding, IRB, and IACUC approvals for annual progress reporting.
- Assists Senior Administrator with duties relating to pre and post award; proposal preparation, expenditures, account monitoring and reconciliation, effort reporting, subcontracts and electronic transfers
- Serves as point of contact with faculty and staff toward the planning and development of budgets for submission of grant/contract packages to various federal agencies, private agencies/foundations and commercial contract proposals to pharmaceutical companies/private industry. .
- Provides ongoing guidance and facilitation to faculty and staff in their grant pursuit efforts by providing a critical analysis of all grant and contract applications.
- Coordinates and completes all activity related to sponsored project submissions and requests for information (Just-In-Time) along with the Senior Administrator and Office of Sponsored Research.
- Processes all subcontracts invoices as they are received.
- Performs the role of a human resource contact and time keeper in Georgetown Management System (GMS).
- Completes time and attendance sheet in GMS as needed for the staff/students weekly.
- Prepares recruitment documents, processing and hiring documents, orienting and training of new personnel whether faculty, staff or student.
- Ensures that salary allocation is appropriate and updated in the system.
- Coaches and counsel students with regards to performance issues, providing appropriate documentation.
- Stays abreast of the Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Manages, facilitates and investigates employee relation concerns following institutions policy and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree
- 2 - 3 experience to include demonstration of progressive work experience in a higher education/academic research environment
- Demonstrated skill in administrative, financial and research management
- Progressive experience in related field
- Knowledge of institutional and federal regulations and guidelines governing clinical translational research and grant administration
- Knowledge of research protocol development and implementation
- Understanding of organizational dynamics
- Skilled in Human Resource management
- In-depth understanding of Georgetown University, Howard University, and their associated hospital policies and procedures
- Skilled in using various software applications that can assemble, manipulate and format data and reports such as word processing, spreadsheets, slide presentations, design software and databases.
- Skilled in content management, analytics and marketing software specifically with iAPPS
- Skilled in developing online meeting pol
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and with a diverse population
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work load
- Ability to handle difficult situations and interact with the senior leadership and the general constituency
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Please select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.