Manager, Leadership Development
Manager, Leadership Development, #0146
Center for Governance, Washington, DC
Salary Range: - $120,093 - $167,670
The National Education Association (NEA) is seeking applications for Manager for Leadership Development, reporting to the Associate Director for the Center for Governance. Primary responsibilities include working in collaboration to align and enhance leadership development at all levels of the organization; planning, creating, organizing, and facilitating leadership skills and development training to build association leaders at all levels of the organization that aligns with the mission, vision, and priority work. Ensures the development and delivery of competency-based curricula based on the needs of the organization as well as specific individuals and/or functional leadership role groups. Manages and oversees the day-to-day work of the Center for Governance leadership development team. Conducts needs assessments to design and develop a training curriculum and materials that enhance competencies of specific individuals and groups. Oversees the design, development, implementation and measurement of NEA’s National Leadership Summit. Manages online learning strategies and development tools including a Learning Management System (LMS) for continuous leadership development. Develops and executes comprehensive communication strategies to ensure adoption and utilization.
- Plan and implement Association-wide strategies and objectives that result in enhanced leadership capacity at all levels of the organization.
- Facilitates a variety of leadership and professional development programs and initiatives using multiple modes and learning methodologies including experiential and blended learning.
- Identifies and tracks key metrics to determine overall effectiveness of leadership and professional development initiatives and support strategic goals.
- Proven experience leading a team to coordinate content and logistics for large-scale events or conferences.
- Manages external vendor and consulting partnerships.
- Monitors, measures, and evaluates the effectiveness of training sessions and programs delivered.
- Manages the delivery of leadership development programming including the design, development, and implementation of a competency-based leadership curriculum.
- Manages assessment activities related to leadership development such as personality assessment, competency models, and leadership assessments.
- Manages and helps develop the leadership development program budget and strategy.
- Build effective relationships at all levels within the organization.
- Creates and effectively executes plan/approach to accomplishing leadership development training and capacity.
- Bachelor’s degree in organizational development.M.A. degree in organizational development, leadership development, or related discipline is highly desired.
- Five (5) years of supervisory or management experience preferred.
- Demonstrate excellent oral, written, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrate experience in managing complex cross-functional and cross-departmental projects.
- Experience in learning and development specifically adult learning principles, needs assessment, and basic instructional design principles.
- Demonstrate competence and experience in the design, delivery, and facilitation of organization effectiveness, leadership development strategies.
- Competent in a wide range of diagnostic instruments and tools used to support leadership development.
- Ability to build effective relationships at all levels within the organization.
- Demonstrate expertise as a strategic leader with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong analytical skills with an emphasis on interpreting and synthesizing data
- Demonstrate project management skills with ability to effectively manage large-scale complex projects, events, and conferences.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work independently or with teams.
- Experience interacting with executive staff and high-level association governance leaders.
- Solid presentation and facilitation skills.
- Strong computer and technological skills (word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and survey software, and LMS platforms).
- College degree preferred.M.A. degree in organizational development, leadership development or related discipline highly desired.
- Some travel required.
- Work samples may be requested; scenarios given in preparation for the interview.
Résumés are now being accepted. Interested candidates should apply online at www.nea.org/jobs. References and a portfolio are required for all applicants.