Windows Systems Administrator
Z, INC. is seeking a Windows Systems Administrator to work onsite at the US Census Bureau in Suitland, MD.
Every five years, the Census Bureau's Economic Directorate collects and processes information for North American businesses through the Economic Census Program. The purpose of this project is to provide program management, business and technical support services to enable the US Census Bureau to build a next-generation set of integrated applications and support systems for Economic Application Division. This support is essential to the Census Bureau to achieve its mission of conducting the Economic Census, and disseminating the results to the President, the States, and the American people.
- Apply configurations for software installations, upgrades, patches, and fixes.
- Will function as a technical liaison between multiple branches and end users
- Responsible for the development and architecture efforts required for new software configurations and design
- Will develop testing and implement new configurations and changes to existing reports within the application package using an application scripting language.
- This position will be a specialist in using IIS including: site setup, IP bindings, URL redirects, app pool recycling, HTTP response headers, output caching, compression, request filtering, handler mappings, FIPS compliance, virtual directories, session state persistence, web server farms
- Application of best practices, disciplines and tools across the requisite ASP.NET technologies, including IIS, web services, directory services, security, database, and networking infrastructure with a working understanding of Networking Principles, TCP/IP, .NET Framework and SQL.
- Provide day-to-day website support including analysis, debugging, maintenance and performance tuning for Web Hosting environment (Windows Server 2008, IIS 7.x, .NET framework, load balancers, etc.).
- Troubleshoot problems reported by users, as well as analyze and isolate issues.
- Perform in-depth technical root cause analysis for high-priority IIS issues.
- Collaborate with Infrastructure and Application Development teams to ensure optimal performance of IIS related websites.
- And other duties as assigned.
- Must have 4 years of hands on with Windows Server Admin (2008 R2 to 2012), IIS Admin (II6 to, II8) with working understanding of Networking and Networking Protocols (TCP/IP, FIPS, SSL).
- Must be proficient in PowerShell to support infrastructure monitoring automation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in CIS or other related field
- Excellent client communications skills including written reports, briefings and oral communications.
- Candidate will need to be able to obtain a Census Bureau Public Trust clearance
- Census Bureau business knowledge
- MCSE and/or MCSA Certification
- Security+ and/or CEH Certification
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with attention to details
- Strong organization skills with a proven ability to multitask, handle multiple assignments / individuals simultaneously and effectively bring discussions and issues to closure with consensus.
Z, INC. is a professional services firm located in Silver Spring, MD. Founded in 1983 to provide IT and management consulting services to the Federal Government, we have established a proven track record of reliable performance in the Federal marketplace. Z, INC. has a history of long-term commitment to our Federal customers and our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including:
- Profit sharing/401(k) retirement plan
- Vacation leave, sick leave, holiday leave
- Company paid employee life, short-term disability and AD&D insurance
- Major medical insurance
Apply for Windows Systems Administrator
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly