Sr Analyst, Database SQL
The Candidate shall be responsible for designing, planning, implementing and administering databases, including security, access, and documentation.
This shall include the following:
1. Participates in the design, maintenance, enhancement, coding, and administration of SQL relational databases.
2. Analyzes and determines information needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities.
3. Coordinates new SQL data development ensuring consistency and integration with existing data warehouse structure.
4. Reviews business requests for data, data usage and storage requirements, researches data sources for new and better data feeds.
5. Participates in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality, including performing proactive maintenance such as ensuring continued space availability, monitoring activity, and documenting problems, changes, and solutions.
6. Tests designed applications.
7. Assignments may include design of data dictionaries, database structure and layout, installing, upgrading, and managing database applications.
8. Stay current on vendors' best security practices in relation to organizational requirements.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Shall conduct all operational checks the daily ensuring optimal performance for all active fielded databases.
2. Performs system checks, backup, recovery, and load analysis ensuring optimal performance of SQL database.
3. Must be able to build or rebuild SQL replication scheme.
4. Assist in troubleshooting related systems with other operational functions and application with developers as required.
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
5-8 years of related database analysis and/or administration experience.
Acceptable certifications are:
1. 70-461: Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012
2. 70-462: Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Databases
3. 70-463: Implementing a Data Warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server 2012
Within 12 months from start date the candidate must obtain the MCSA for SQL Server 2012 certification which is comprised of all three of the exams shown above.
Candidate must be willing to submit to Counterintelligence Polygraph upon customer's request
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.