Senior Grants Manager
The Unit Lead, Grants is responsible for a large portfolio of assistance activities in addition to the management and oversight of the Grant Unit and its associated portfolios. The position coordinates the daily workloads of the Grant Unit and will work with the Director on distributing project assignments. The Unit Lead, Grants ensures that the Grant Unit upholds CRDF Global policy and best practices in all aspects of grant implementation, including: processing incoming requests, issuance of grant awards, reviewing payment requests, monitoring awardee performance and maintaining project files. The Unit Lead, Grants also directly manages a portfolio of projects of medium to high risk and complexity. The work involves maintaining strong relationships with internal and external clients and an adherence to established policies & procedures.
The Unit Lead, Grants is required to have a broad knowledge of the principles, concepts, and methodology of grant administration and a high level of skill in carrying out assignments, operations, and procedures that are significantly more difficult and complex those covered at the Grant Manager level. The Unit Lead, Grants routinely makes decisions that impact a wide range of programs and/or the department, and leads specialized projects with minimal supervision.
- Maintains policies and procedures necessary to support efficient and compliant grant-making.
- Oversees a portfolio of assistance projects with medium-high risk complexity. This includes: preparing implementation plans, coordinating with internal and external stakeholders, designing award templates and procedures specific to each project and/or portfolio, ensuring awardee compliance, advising internal and external clients on best practices and implementation recommendations, and comprehensive financial monitoring.
- Coordinates the workload and required resources for the Grant Unit as well as general supervisory oversight. This includes: developing a training program for new hires, preparing development plans for existing staff, coordinating staff workloads with the Director, oversight of staff performance (completion of performance reviews and any required remediative actions), and identifying and recommending required Unit resources.
- Coordinates with the Quality & Compliance division in order to standardize unit SOPs, establish metrics for unit cost and performance, and contribute to reports.
- Contributes to Operations Support departmental development. This includes: design and creation of award management systems, client negotiations, development of policy and procedural documents, and oversight of departmental/organizational committees.
- Provides support to the Director and Vice President in special projects and activities as assigned including conducting research, preparing statistical reports, and assisting in data management activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field relevant to the position (Business, Finance, International Studies). Masters preferred.
- At least 7 years’ experience with implementing USG financial assistance programs, preferably DOS, DOD or NIH.
- At least 2 years’ experience managing personnel.
- High-level of familiarity with USG assistance regulations. 2 CFR 200 certification preferred.
- Training in finance, accounting or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated customer service experience and effective communication skills, including experience working with international partners in challenging geographic areas and across organizational departments.
- Strong critical thinking and analysis, planning and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to adapt quickly to new challenges.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize MS Excel and to prepare detailed financial reports and statistical analysis.
- High level of organization and attention to detail.
- U.S. work authorization is required
CRDF Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) CRDF Global provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.
CRDF Global offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply, please complete our online application and include a cover letter, resume and contact information for three (3) references.