4 days left
- Full Time
Obsolescence EngineerSECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREDDesigns, evaluates, plans, tests, and operates electrical, electronic, mechanical, and/or computer components, equipment and systems.
- Performs engineering work concerned with the design, evaluation, planning, testing and operation of electrical, electronic, mechanical, and/or computer components, equipment and systems for commercial, government, military and/or scientific uses.
- Performs various tests and documents results.
- Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance as required.
- Identifies and documents clients’ functional requirements.
- Gathers and correlates engineering data.
- Reviews, writes, and provides updates to technical documentation including Engineering Change Proposals, Engineering Change Orders, Notices of Revision, Prime Item Functional and Performance Specifications, and test procedures.
- Analyzes Research and Development Plans.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Researching obsolete electronic components within a U.S. Navy countermeasure system and recommending replacement components to maintain the viability of the system. A suitable candidate will have comprehensive knowledge of discrete digital circuitry and be able to demonstrate their understanding of manufacturer specification sheets with regards to identifying acceptable replacements for obsolete components. The candidate will be required to demonstrate their ability to interpret schematic diagrams, Truth Tables, and Logic Diagrams during the interview process.
- Investigating system Trouble Reports (TR) and verifing proposed resolutions.
- Review and comment on system test procedures, such as Factory Acceptance Tests, and system Functional Specifications.
- Knowledge of engineering principles, methods, and techniques.
- Knowledge of the associated hardware, software, and equipment.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work well with customers, industry representatives, and co-workers.
- Must be a self-starter who can work on-site with our customers.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Secret Security Clearance Required.