This position is working for Child and Youth School (CYS) Services at Fort George G. Meade, Maryland and may be located at the Director, Family and Morale, Welfare and Recreation (DFMWR) Main Office working in a cubicle or in a CYS Facility. May supervise kitchen personnel directly and/or evaluate kitchen personnel. Will have oversight of food program and Child and Youth Services menus at a large Army Garrison.
There when you need us! Fort Meade CYS Services recognizes the challenges of our Soldiers and their Families by offering quality programs for children, youth and students. CYS supports the Army Family Covenant by reducing the conflict between mission readiness and parental responsibility.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM (EST), with occasional changes as program requirements dictate.
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is world-wide.
Training Requirement: Mandatory annual government trainings are required.
- Occasional Travel
- Travel Expectation: 25% on post and 10% off post
Successful completion of a four (4) year college or university degree with a major course of study/substantial course work in dietetics, food nutrition, food service management, institutional management, or related science.
In addition to the basic requirements stated above, candidate MUST meet the following:
1. At least twelve (12) months demonstrated work experience directly related to food operation, preferably with children and youth, equivalent in difficulty and complexity to the next lower grade level.
2. Demonstrated program administration experience.
3. The ability to plan and organize work, analyze problems to identify significant factors, gather pertinent data and recognize solutions.
4. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing in English.
1. Applicants who possess three (3) years of demonstrated work experience directly related to food operation, preferably with children and youth programs (equivalent in difficulty and complexity to the next lower grade)
2. Applicants who possess documented experience in training adults and working effectively with budgets and assessing food costs.
** NOTE: Those qualified applicants who meet the minimum qualification criteria AND the highly preferred criteria will be referred to management first **
Note To Applicants: Your resume must have complete information: Please ensure your resume accurately reflects the duties and responsibilities under each position you have held with each employer. In describing your experience, please be clear and specific. It is your responsibility to make sure your resume states complete information for each job entry (beginning and ending dates of employment stated as MM/YYYY; and total hours worked per week). If your resume does not provide enough information regarding your work history for us to make a creditable qualification determination, your application package may be rendered disqualified and you will no longer be considered for this position.
Unofficial transcripts MUST be submitted at time of application in order to support education requirements.
Conditions of Employment:
1. If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty. (Click here to view form).
2. Satisfactorily complete a pre-employment physical prior to entrance on duty.
NOTE: An initial health assessment is required. Immunizations are required (reoccurring contact with children). Moderate lifting requirement of 40 lbs. An annual health assessment is required after entrance on duty.
3. Appointment is subject to completion of a favorable childcare background checks/investigation to determine suitability for this position.
4. Satisfactory performance, successful completion of training requirements and demonstrated on the job competency is required.
5. Travel to on and off post locations required.