Administrative Support Assistant (CYS) NF-02
This position is located within Youth Services at Fort Meade, Maryland.
Child Youth School (CYS) Services is a network of systems and programs through which Fort Meade provides quality child and youth development options. These programs reduce the conflict between parental responsibilities and unit mission requirements, support readiness and contribute to the quality of life of families. For additional information please visit the following website: https://www.armymwr.com/programs-and-services/family-assist/
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is the Fort Meade Commuting Area. Commuting area means: Washington Local Commuting Area: District of Columbia; Maryland: Counties of Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Calvert, Carroll, Charles, Frederick, Harford, Howard, Montgomery, Prince George's, St. Mary's and Washington; Virginia: Counties of Albermarle, Arlington, Clarke, Culpeper, Fairfax, Fauquier, Greene, King George, Loudoun, Madison, Orange, Prince William, Spotsylvania, and Stafford; Pennsylvania: County of Adams.
- Not Required
1. Skill in operating a manual or electric typewriter and current automation system and software (Microsoft Windows, Word, Power Point, Excel) required. Must be able to type 40 wpm.
2. Knowledge of grammar, spelling, capitalization and punctuation and composition techniques needed to accurately type a variety of material from written sources or voice recordings.
3. Possess the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
HIGHLY PREFERRED: Knowledge of formats, forms, typing policies and common terminology of the program for which the work is to be performed. (Applicants who meet both the minimum qualifications and the highly preferred criteria will be considered best qualified for the position and will be referred first)
Conditions of Employment:
1. If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty. (Click here to view form).
2. All required background checks of AR 215-3 and Child and Youth National Agency Check with Inquiries (CNACI). A health assessment is required. Successful completion of training requirements and demonstrated on the job competency is required. Travel to on and off post locations required.
3. Immunizations may be required as a condition of employment for the health and safety of those in the facility as determined by medical authority. Already immune individuals (based on documented receipt of vaccine series or physician diagnosed illness), or those subject to religious exemption, or medical contraindication are exempt from this requirement.