Any combination of education and experience equivalent to an Associate’s Degree in Accounting, or related field or one year of related experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Experience with a complex financial system
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work under pressure of deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to exercise tact, good judgment, and initiative
- Ability to deal quickly and accurately with quantitative information and verify correctness of actions
- Ability to perform duties with limited supervision
- Ability to operate standard office equipment such as a ten-key calculator, photocopier, facsimile machine, and personal computer
An Accounting Technician performs a series of highly responsible, complex technical tasks as part of a centralized unit involved in the preparation, processing, and maintenance of documents and records which represent the business transactions of Loudoun County Public Schools. This employee will be responsible for processing large quantities of financial documents for which accurate and timely completion is crucial to the operation of the school division. The Accounting Technician position is responsible for the timely processing of encumbrances and accounts payable invoices. The Accounting Technician must be experience with the account coding structure of LCPS, and be able to assist school and central office bookkeepers with account coding and other processing issues. In addition, this position would also assist school bookkeepers with questions regarding suppliers, IExpense and other accounting related items. This position also requires the ability to reconcile various general ledger accounts and assist with the preparation of journal entries. The Accounting Technician may process fixed asset transactions, electronic payments, void checks and other more complex transactions. This employee will be responsible for the review and verification of the transactions generated through the purchase card program and/or system interfaces.
- Provides information to employees or the general public regarding policies and procedures of the Accounting office
- Reviews processed transactions, ensuring presence of all required supporting documents and determining need for additional information in order to meet regulatory requirements
- Prepares documents, forms, and correspondence incidental to the processing of such transactions
- Resolves a variety of documentation problems by applying detailed and involved criteria
- May utilize query programs to create data tables
- Exercises independent judgment and initiative to complete transactions
- Process fixed asset transactions
- Reviews, closes and batches payable documents for current billing cycle
- Processes and records journal entries
- Provides training to bookkeepers in various accounting areas
- Process IExpense and purchase card payments
- Performs related duties as required or assigned
The Accounting Technician reports to the Accounting Supervisor.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for prolonged periods of time; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stop, kneel, crouch or bend and may be required to lift up to approximately 15 pounds.
JOBS CLOSE AT 12:00 PM ON THE CLOSING DATE.APPLY TO:
Department of Human Resources and Talent DevelopmentSALARY:
Classified Position, Level 14
Salary Range: Refer to
12 Month Position (Prorated), 8 hours per dayDAYS: FROM - TO -