Associate Director of Admissions
Associate Director of Admissions
Office of Strategic Enrollment Management
Exempt, Regular, Full-Time, Pay Grade 2.2
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks an Associate Director of Admission Services within the Strategic Enrollment Management (SEM) organization. Reporting to the Vice President of Enrollment Management, the Associate Director is responsible for the oversight of the Admission Services unit which handles the processing of applications from all of UMUC's divisions; Stateside, Europe and Asia. The successful candidate is responsible for providing leadership and direction to Admissions team members, managing the technical aspects of the admissions process, serving as the Admission lead on University- wide projects, managing the process used to determining tuition residency, and strategically planning for improvements in the department.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Supervise, coach, and provide leadership to the managers and team members within the Office of Admissions.
- Manage the tuition residency process.
- Assure adherence of department policies and procedures.
- Protect the data integrity of all admissions-related enterprise applications.
- Determine and manage service level adherence for admissions processing.
- Resolve escalated student issues.
- Ensure that quality assurance is a priority and conducted regularly.
- Refine business processes and workflows to maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provide students with a positive experience and ensure the Admission Services department provides a high-level of service to both internal and external customers.
- Create and foster a positive working environment.
- Provide personal leadership that encourage employee productivity and responsiveness to the needs of the team.
- Provide support at prospective student-facing events.
- Manage, test and validate technology updates in relation to the electronic student application and changes to the admissions process.
- Perform other job-related duties, as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher learning is required plus a minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible Admissions and/or higher education experience.
- The chosen candidate must demonstrate excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, strong oral and written communications and creative problem solving.
- Prior supervisory experience is required.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- An earned Master's degree from an accredited institution of higher learning plus five (5) years of relevant work experience.
- Experience using PeopleSoft, a document management system (DMS), and Salesforce, or other CRM system environment.
- Experience with CRM, call center, and other enterprise-wide business technologies.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
If you are an external candidate, you are required to create an account prior to completing your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to check on the status of your application or to apply to additional jobs.