Vice President, Enrollment Management
Vice President, Enrollment Management
Office of Strategic Enrollment Management
Exempt, Regular, Full-Time
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks a Vice President of Enrollment Management within the Office of Strategic Enrollment Management. Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Strategic Enrollment Management (SEM), this leadership role provides expert oversight to the recruitment and retention of students. The VP will provide leadership, expert oversight and coordination of student advising, student retention and persistence and Regional Center Operations (RCO). The Vice President (VP) will lead the data-informed design, implementation, coordination, assessment and improvement of programs, initiatives and interventions to continuously enhance inquiry service, applicant service, student service and success including: inquiry conversion strategy and execution, applicant service for successful matriculation, student onboarding, registration, advising new and continuing students - all leading to improved conversion rates, retention and persistence rates and ultimately graduation rates. The success of our prospective and current students to graduation is the key objective in this role.
The VP is a leader that accomplishes student success through others and sets the tone for employee engagement of the department by providing a framework and foundation of colleague success by offering training, coaching and mentoring to ensure colleagues have the foundation to successfully advise our prospective and current students. The role is responsible for building a high performing team, defining projects, leading the implementation of SEM strategic priorities that grow new and total students for UMUC.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Guides and directs leadership practices to foster a positive, inclusive, and high-performing work environment that is compliant to all regulatory policies.
- Optimize inquiry service and conversion processes to drive stateside growth of new students.
- Provide leadership and training to the department to deliver best in class consultative service and process for students.
- Provide overall leadership and vision by collaborating with key departments including Global Military Operations and Corporate Learning Solutions; partner with all functional departments to ensure students are successfully serviced including Academic Affairs, Student Financial Aid, Student Accounts, and Registrar.
- Work in concert with IT, CRM, BI, and DU to increase use of technology to support colleague and student success.
- Manage to performance metrics in a compliant fashion by establishing the metrics, implement processes, and coaching to behaviors that affect the results.
- Develop a world-class enrollment management team by hiring and promoting individuals with the competencies to be successful.
- Plan and implement change management processes (systems, business processes, staff training and communications) to ensure successful business transformations.
- Manage and adhere to department budget.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
Required education & experience: An earned Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning; at least 10 years of experience in mid to upper level management including at least five (5) years in enrollment management; and a significant, proven record of leading successful, high-performance teams.
Preferred education & experience: An earned Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning; experience leading cross-functional teams and gaining buy-in across all levels of an organization from senior executives to individual contributors within a project team; ability to work in ambiguity, particularly relating to higher education regulations and compliance; proven ability to lead the implementation of complex projects from vision to successful launch; ability to interact and communicate with all levels of an organization, including senior management, and to propose recommendation in an articulate fashion; ability to adapt to changes in a dynamic work environment; and analytical and results-driven orientation, including ability to establish and improve metrics, processes, and associated behaviors.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & CLOSES MONDAY, MAY 8, 2017
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
If you are an external candidate, you are required to create an account prior to completing your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to check on the status of your application or to apply to additional jobs.