Senior Manager, Revenue & Quality Assurance
7 days left
- Full Time
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
No. Vacancies: 1.00
Department: 13018.Shared Accounting Services
Location: McLean, VA
Travel %: None
Education: Four-year college degree
Experience: At least 12 years of experience required
Equivalency: Equivalent combination of education & experience not considered
Does this position have direct reports: Yes
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers to fill this role and continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
Manage the verification and validation of all booking data into Intelsat financial systems, coordinating with stakeholders on the contract review processes. Initiate and maintain all billing and revenue recognition schedules in Oracle Service Contracts. Establish processes and procedures to ensure revenue and backlog are accounted for properly, with responsibility for developing automated workflow procedures. Ensure all intercompany transactions are accounted for in the booking systems. Manage monthly cycle of all orders and provide guidance on certain order entry activities the group will be responsible for completing. Implement and test new products and General Ledger ID's in Oracle Service Contracts from Oracle Inventory. Manage the backlog, net new order, and renewal rate reporting and accuracy. Demonstrate strategic vision of revenue assurance responsibilities and systems.
You must have the following knowledge, skills and abilities to be considered for the role:
- Bachelor's Degree in finance, accounting, economics or equivalent; advanced degree preferred.
- At least twelve (12) years of relevant experience that includes at least seven (7) years of experience with accounting systems (preferably Oracle), and financial/revenue reporting, including backlog and net new orders.
- Experience with the contract management process.
- Direct people management experience and demonstrated leadership skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and advanced skill in MS Excel.
- Effective communicator, both written and spoken with strongly developed interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask, strong organization and Project Management skills.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to exercise sound judgment, professionalism and maturity in dealing with and seeking creative solutions to problems.
- Ensure all financial data is verified and validated.
- Coordinate quarterly reviews with KMPG and internal audit.
- Establish workflow processes and procedures for all system integrating into Oracle Accounts Receivable.
- Ensure all products are set-up in Oracle Inventory and updated with the correct General Ledger ID's.
- Facilitate product booking standards refinement efforts.
- Ensure the order processing meet audit and SOX standards for all PBC's and Due Diligence deliverables.
- Provide internal reporting for orders processing information, which is included in Senior Management & BOD desks.
- Provide business requirements to IT as relates to Service Contracts and Schedule All.
- Lead projects related to legal entity consolidation, standardized booking elements and streamline process such as the net new orders report.
- Manage the company's use of the Oracle Service Contracts Application.
- Assist with special projects for department & Senior Management as requested.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.