Graduate Assistant - Center for Teaching and Learning
PLEASE NOTE: There are EIGHT (8) 1/3 Graduate Assistantship opportunities available.
Marymount graduate students who are taking at least six graduate credits during Fall 2017 and Spring 2018 semesters are invited to apply for part-time (1/3) graduate assistantship positions in the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL).
The position begins the week before the start of the Fall semester and continues through the end of Spring semester. A 1/3 graduate assistant in the CTL works a total of 105 hours each semester throughout the assistantship, typically 7 hours per week across the 15-week semester. We are looking to hire students who have a high level of competence in at least two of the following areas:
- Writing theory and practice
Subject knowledge in at least one of the following areas:
- Math (pre-calculus, calculus, and statistics)
- Science (Biology, chemistry, physics)
- Educational psychology
The CTL serves the entire Marymount community. This position focuses primarily on student academic support. Depending on their areas of expertise, the GA will:
- Tutor graduate and undergraduate students
- Research, develop and deliver ongoing training materials for a group of undergraduate tutors
- Research, develop and deliver workshops as required
- Analyze tutoring data
- Supervise a group of undergraduate tutors and SI leaders
The 1/3 graduate assistant receives a waiver of three (3) graduate credits each semester of the assistantship.
- Accepted into Marymount as a graduate student
- Enrolled in at least six (6) credits during each semester of the assistantship
- 3.5 GPA
- Excellent writing ability and subject-area abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Competent research skills
- Competent computer and software skills
- Ability to take and follow directions
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work at all Marymount academic locations
- Accepted students enrolled full-time are given preference over part-time students
- Prior tutoring, teaching, counseling, or coaching experience
Special Notes to Applicants
Please include at least one reference along with their relevant contact information.
Application materials must be received by
Open Until Filled Yes
Marymount is a comprehensive Catholic university that emphasizes the liberal arts, career preparation, and personal and professional development. A diverse and welcoming learning community, Marymount serves nearly 4,000 undergraduate and graduate students. The universityâ€™s location in suburban Arlington, Virginia, offers easy access to the rich resources of the nationâ€™s capital. Marymount University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.