Engineering III, Fairfax County, DPWES, Building Design & Construction Division, Part Time
The DPWES Building Design and Construction Division, is seeking an architect/engineer with project management and/or construction management experience to serve in a support capacity to the division director. This position will act as an assistant to the division director with responsibility for organizing and analyzing information and data related to the division’s performance metrics, strategic initiatives, and management initiatives
- Provides strategic leadership in the compilation and analysis of Completed Project Data, BDCD Performance Metrics, and historic data for project cost profiles.
- Provides leadership in managing the organization and completion of Post Construction Open Issues, and Construction Agreement Closeout Status.
- Manages design and/or construction phase for building projects.
- Collaborates with, and provide leadership and guidance to branch chiefs in development of SOP’s and metrics for project Partnering.
- Collaborates with Director in Scheduling and Preparing Agenda content for BDCD Strategic and Mgmt. meetings.
- Collaborate with, and provide leadership and guidance to branch chiefs in development of SOP’s and metrics for project Partnering.
- Lead strategic initiative to identify and implement SOP revisions to facilitate more efficient project processes with focus on leading efficiency for administrative processes.
- Provides leadership and coordination role for BDCD Safety Team, and provides leadership to BDCD in the preparation of award nominations and division special events.
- Lead development of advanced IT tool for active updating and analysis of BDCD Workload and Staff Resource assessments
The successful applicant must be highly motivated and possess the skills necessary to work in a fast-paced collaborative team environment; possess superior verbal and written communication skills; possess strong information technology skills; have basic knowledge and understanding of the building design and construction industry; and be oriented toward providing outstanding service to customers, stakeholders and coworkers
The Fairfax County Department of Public Works and Environmental Services (DPWES) is a comprehensive organization working to improve and enhance the lives of the county’s 1.1 million residents. The DPWES working environment fosters innovative thinking, collaboration between agencies and the public, and cultivates employee’s skills through training, education, and mentoring. Building Design and Construction Division provides for the design and construction of building development projects in a safe, timely, cost effective and environmentally sound manner
Graduation from a four-year college or university accredited by the Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technologies with a bachelor’s degree in the appropriate engineering or architectural field; plus four years of progressively responsible professional experience in the appropriate field.
The appointee to this position will be required to complete a criminal background check, and a driving records check to the satisfaction of the employer. Also a driver’s license is required for this position.
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
General knowledge and understanding of the principles, practices and techniques relating to project management and contract management for building development projects;
Ability to review construction documents, designs and proposals for costs, design requirements and compatibility with county standards, guides and operational needs;
Ability to community at a high level with customers, stakeholders, co-workers and the public
To Apply: Send your resume to Amy.Cartwright@fairfaxcounty.gov
*Note: This position is scheduled to work 30 hours per week (not to exceed 1560 hours per calendar year). Individuals in these positions are eligible for limited employee benefits, including medical, vision, and dental insurance coverage, and participation in flexible spending programs, but are not eligible to earn leave or receive holiday pay