Operations Analyst - TS/SCI Req'd
The Integrated Operations Bridge is responsible for providing support to the COMM Mission Director by providing on-site technical expertise to detect, monitor, and manage enterprise services. This includes ensuring the timely exchange of situational awareness information, correlation of network incidents, coordination with commercial & external service providers, customer impact assessments, coordinating maintenance activities, technical support, report creation & analysis, network lockdown support, incident & problem management support, as well as perform some quality assurance & training duties. The real-time nature of this position demands an employee have operational experience collaborating and directing resources supporting mission critical operations.
- Maintains an Operations Bridge collaborating with the Integrated Service Desk, Enterprise
- Management Operations Center (EMOC), external agencies/customers, and field units.
- Provides Situational Awareness support to the Comm Mission Director to including updating reports, pass down documentation, master station logs, monitoring chat rooms and communicating ongoing impacts to service operations.
- Leverage Enterprise Mgmt. tools and analytics to correlate service impacts, service availability, service capacity, SLA conformance, and other service related trends.
- Proactively monitor high priority incident tickets impacting VIPs, Mission/Business/Enterprise critical services
- Supports the Government with situational awareness of world, national, or local events (e.g., natural disasters, civil unrest, low intensity conflicts, acts of terrorism) and correlates impacts to Enterprise Operations Squadron managed and monitored systems.
- Coordinates with internal/external customers, agencies, and commercial service providers for situational awareness, planned maintenance activities, and for incident/problem resolution.
- Provides operational coordination for network event & incident management functions.
- Support incident/problem management resolution activities to include technical exchange meetings, after action reports, major incident response, daily service incidents, and escalation to the problem management team.
- Integrate ITILv3 best practices into existing documentation, provide process improvement recommendations, and assist in maintaining governance documentation.
- Support Quality Assurance analysis for incident management tickets and reports.
- Provide Lockdown support as directed by the Comm Mission Director.
- Create & analyze daily reports for service operations, incident management, event management, metrics, after actions, and other reports as directed.
- Provide technical support, data collection, and coordination for network incidents & maintenance activities.
- Prepares daily network availability briefings, charts and reports for the COMM MD to provide to Government Leadership
- Monitors commercial carrier network views for outages and service degradations.
- Coordinates & analyses planned maintenance and corrective maintenance with commercial carriers and affected customers.
- Assists with troubleshooting and documenting of commercial carrier planned maintenance and outages.
- Supports the Government by performing daily ad hoc tasking's from the COMM MD
- Reviews maintenance requests, and work notifications for accuracy, mission impact and service impact.
- Generate situational awareness notification via various messaging systems for distribution to customers.
- Follow established processes as established by the customer in support of operations.
- Provide technical assistance when requested by the Comm Mission Director in support of defined duties.
- Provide coordination, data collection, and other support to the After Action Report process.
Bachelors Degree in a related technical or military discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work/military experience.
2-5 years of related experience supporting military operations.
- Service Operations Experience
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Working Knowledge of Network Operations and IT Services
- ITIL Foundations
- ITIL Service Operations - Intermediate
- Current DoD 8570 Certification - Security + CE
- Enterprise Network Operations Experience
- Shift Work Experience
- Service Desk Experience
- IT Operations Mgmt
Shift work is on a Panama Schedule.
Schedule 1 Schedule 2
Work - Tue, Wed Off - Tue, Wed
Off - Thur, Fri Work - Thur, Fri
Work - Sat, Sun, Mon Off - Sat, Sun, Mon
Off - Tue, Wed Work - Tue, Wed
Work - Thur, Fri Off - Thur, Fri
Off - Sat, Sun, Mon Work - Sat, Sun, Mon
Must possess current DoD Information Assurance (IA) Certification to be considered for employment; either valid CompTIA Security+ CE OR CCNA-Security certification. Security+ CE Certification preferred. In addition, must attain the required ITIL Foundation v.3 and ITIL Service Operation Intermediate Certification within sixty (60) days of Hire Date.