Government Relations & Public Policy Communications Coordinator
The purpose of this position is to provide communications support to the Government Relations and Public Policy (GRPP) cluster in order to ensure timely and effective communication of ASHA's advocacy efforts to members, legislators, regulators, and other key decision makers. These services promote the strategic direction of the work within the GRPP cluster in order to provide up-to-date information regarding public policy issues and advocacy efforts on behalf of the professions.
- Support the Director of Advocacy Communications and Administration with editing materials developed by content experts, including comment letters, testimony, position statements, issue briefs, e-mail messages/newsletters, and other resources.
- Serve as a web liaison by posting, developing, writing, and editing material on ASHA’s Advocacy and Billing and Reimbursement sites.
- Serve as a social media liaison and assist with posting engaging content on ASHA Advocacy’s social media sites
- Compile analytical reports for activity on the Advocacy and Billing & Reimbursement webpages, ASHA Advocacy’s social media sites, e-mail communications, and technical assistance contacts tracked by content experts within the GRPP cluster to help determine the effectiveness of our outreach efforts and identify and new trends.
- Serve as a SharePoint liaison by maintaining and updating the SharePoint site for the GRPP cluster, which supports internal communications.
- Provide support to ex officios by assisting with the ASHA Community sites for GRPP-related boards and committees.
- Assist with external meetings and events, including preparing materials, packing, and shipping.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, English, or related field
- 2–4 years of copyediting and proofreading experience
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- demonstrated ability to edit copy to be clear, engaging, and grammatically correct
- demonstrated experience in using social media and knowledge of social media engagement strategies
- knowledge of the public policy arena and the legislative and regulatory processes of federal and state governments
- knowledge of printing and graphics processes
- must have strong technology skills in Microsoft Office applications
- preferred experience in web editing
- preferred experience in Higher Logic Community platform
- preferred experience in SharePoint
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- strong attention to detail
- works well under pressure and with tight deadlines
- demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize tasks
- demonstrated problem solving skill
- demonstrated ability to develop strong interpersonal relationships with staff throughout the National Office
Apply for Government Relations & Public Policy Communications Coordinator
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly