Test Engineer-Jr Level
Z, INC. is seeking a Jr Level Test Engineer in support of the 2020 US Census. This is a long-term Agency mission critical program that will be active through 2021. This position offers the opportunity to join an Operational Testing team in the start up phase, and be part of the team creating initial processes and procedures. In addition, the selected candidate will be working with a seasoned management team with previous success at U.S. Census Bureau in a multi-company environment. This is a challenging opportunity that offers test and integration experience for a System of Systems (SoS) in an enterprise environment, and potential growth opportunities for top performers. Ideal candidate will have a Bachelors degree and 3+ years of experience in a similar role.
Candidates must be US citizens and able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
Position Description: The testing engineer position is in support of the 2020 US Census in Greenbelt, MD. The test engineer will be on the Operational Test Team that is responsible for supporting a set of events and tests to validate that the system is operational ready for each development release leading up to the 2020 US Census. The operational test engineer will work in a fast paced environment, including working with multiple project teams, platforms, architectures, and diverse technologies.
Specific roles & responsibilities for the position include but not limited to the following:
- Support operational staff with creating: procedures, job aids, and training materials.
- Collaborate with the operational staff to execute all Operational Readiness Testing activities (planning, designing, executing, reporting).
- Develop Test Plans, Test Cases and Test Analysis Reports and ensure project related test deliverables adhere to policy and meet requirements.
- Support test strategy development.
- Execute Test Cases
- Defects tracking and test results reporting.
- Troubleshooting and debugging
- Escalate risks and issues related to test lead.
- Strong written and communication skills required.
- Previous experience with User Acceptance Testing or Operational support
- Experience in developing test plans, test cases, and test scripts.
- Experience in all phases of the system development life cycle as it applies to software testing activities.
- Experience with SQL database statements.
- Knowledge of backend testing.
- Knowledge of Rational test suites, HP test suites or equivalent tool.
- Must be a self-starter/self-directed member of the team.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with attention to details.
- Organizational Skills: Can plan and prioritize work, both their own and that of the project team. Follows tasks to their logical conclusion and makes sure that everything has been done to the right standard. Good attention to detail
- Team Work: Comfortable working both individually and as part of a team. Prepared to challenge ideas within a group in a constructive way. Ability to influence others and move a proposal effort toward a common vision or goal
- Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently to team members and clients, verbally and in writing. Able to present ideas in a variety of ways depending upon audience and context. Excellent active listening skills
- Problem Solving: Natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics. Ability to analyze problems and determine root cause, generating alternatives, evaluating and selecting alternatives and implementing solutions
- Results oriented: Able to drive things forward regardless of personal interest in the task
Z, INC. is a professional services firm located in Silver Spring, MD. Founded in 1983 to provide IT and management consulting services to the Federal Government, we have established a proven track record of reliable performance in the Federal marketplace. Z, INC. has a history of longterm
commitment to our Federal customers and our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including:
- Profit sharing/401(k) retirement plan
- Vacation leave, sick leave, holiday leave
- Company paid employee life, shortterm
- disability and AD&D insurance
- Major medical insurance
Apply for Test Engineer-Jr Level
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly