Network Engineer- TS cleared
We are looking for a Senior Network Engineer that possess strong skills in network integration, operation, and administration of various hardware devices including Cisco routers, switches, and network interconnection devices.
The Senior Network Engineer should have implementation and operational experience in secure WAN and LAN solutions. The candidate must possess solid communication, troubleshooting and interpersonal skills.
- 7+ years' experience as a Network Engineer
- The Network Engineer must have Strong' experience working with Cisco enterprise class switches and routers including (Catalyst).
- The Senior Network Engineer must have experience with security best practices and implementing firewalls and perimeter security measures including VPN technologies.
- Must possess strong understanding of Cisco multiprotocol router, multilayer switching and network security.
- Expert knowledge in EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, spanning tree, multicast routing, ISIS Protocol, QOS, MPLS and security protocols.
- Skills needed to work effectively in a team environment and handle complex technical issues.
- Demonstrated oral and written communications skills.
- Must be able to work effectively within a team environment.
- Sound judgment, problem-solving, and decision making abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to follow through on assigned tasks under tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communications skills (oral and written)
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- Certifications CCNA, CCNP
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.