Finance Officer, Silver Spring MD
The International Division of Medical Care Development, MCDI was founded in 1977 with the belief that MCD’s successful approach to health systems development in the rural United States could be adapted to meet the needs of developing nations. A global non-profit organization, MCDI uses practical, evidence-based and high-impact approaches to strengthen health systems in developing countries. For almost 40 years, MCDI has worked to improve the health of vulnerable populations overseas through integrated, sustainable and locally-driven interventions. MCDI has implemented public health programs in over 40 countries aimed at targeting the world’s most vulnerable populations. MCDI collaborates with donors, national governments, the private sector, health agencies, communities and local stakeholders to improve health and save lives in the following areas: malaria control; maternal, neonatal and child health; water, sanitation and hygiene; tuberculosis; HIV/AIDS; and other communicable diseases.
We are currently looking for a Finance Officer to join MCDI’s team. The Administrative/Financial Unit is responsible for the administrative and financial management of MCDI’s portfolio of projects. The Finance Officer is expected to manage the financial aspects of the projects to which the officer is assigned as well as to assist the Administrative/Financial Unit in day-to-day administrative and financial matters. The position works closely with and under the direct supervision of the Senior Administration and Finance Manager.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration, or 3 – 8 years’ related accounting, bookkeeping or finance experience
- Hands-on experience in financial monitoring and reporting
- Excellent computer skills
- Familiarity with accounting software
- Detail-oriented with accurate data entry skills
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to exercise good judgement with sensitivity and creativity
- Familiarity with U.S. Government grant and contracts regulations (USAID), African Development Bank, and World Bank regulations is an advantage
- International experience
- Ability to speak French, Spanish, or Portuguese a plus
Essential Job Functions:
Some of the Finance Officer’s key responsibilities include:
- Providing support to the various country offices throughout the world, working with our overseas staff to improve financial management, reporting, and control
- Intake of country offices’ financial reports, which includes reviewing these reports for accuracy and compliance with MCDI’s policies and regulations
- Reconciliation of bank accounts, advance accounts, and procurement accounts
- Preparation of financial reports and invoices
- Budget analysis and tracking
- Working with our partners to ensure coordination and proper financial management
- Manage account payables and receivables
This position offers a career path to growth and development within the organization. MCDI is an equal opportunity employer and deeply values diversity, inclusiveness, empowerment and collaboration.
Location: Silver Spring, Maryland
Projected start date: Immediately
NOTE: Must be authorized to work in the United States.
To apply, please submit:
- an updated CV,
- a cover letter, and
- a completed USAID Biodata Form (1420)
- a list of 3 references that we may contact
- your salary expectations
to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to MCDI, 8401 Colesville Road, Suite 425, Silver Spring, MD 20910, attention HR by May 18, 2017.