CWMD Strategic Planner
The CWMD Strategic Planner conduct detailed planning across the full range of CWMD requirements associated with the USSOCOM CWMD strategic planning efforts, integrating into the SOCOM CWMD Operational Planning Team (OPT). The CWMD Planner assists the OPT to organize, focus and synchronize USSOCOM CWMD enterprise partners and enablers to meet defined organizational end states. Specifically, the CWMD Planner:
- Conduct detailed nodal analysis of WMD pathways and networks for a multitude of operating environments.Work with intelligence analysts to develop CWMD Joint Intelligence Preparation of the Operational Environment (JIPOE).Work with intelligence analysts and employ Systemic Operational Design (SOD) to evaluate intelligence in order to update OPT’s understanding of operating environment, threat capabilities, WMD program efforts. Apply SOD to update and inform the planning process.Support all of the planning lines of effort through task/project planning, research, analysis, intelligence evaluation, document preparation/staffing, coordination support and WMD Community of Interest/Common Operational Picture (COI/COP) knowledge management synchronization.Facilitate and support CWMD working groups, COI engagements, and plans synchronization across Combatant Commands, Theater Special Operations Commands (TSOCs), USG partners and key partner nations. This includes developing briefing products, point papers and other support products.Execute staff coordination support to reach the programmatic end-state and facilitate WMD Knowledge Management (KM) fundamentals.Facilitate and support the CWMD Strategic Planning Process, employing a SOD approach to conduct operating environment analysis and end states development.Conduct detailed technical analyses of threat nuclear technologies and ballistic missile systems.Provide direct coordination and synchronization support to the USSOCOM CWMD Chief.
- Nominees shall be a former O-5/mid-grade GS-13 (Step 5 or higher) equivalent with three years’ CWMD Planning experience at the 3- or 4- Star Major Command or equivalent.4 years’ experience in CWMD planning activity.
- 3 years’ experience in the associated activities which support and facilitate CWMD program actions in meeting requirements of the SecDef/CJCS and GCCs.
- 3 years’ experience in the range of regulations, legislation, policies, and directives pertaining to strategic planning.
- 3 years’ experience in US military command structure, DOD and civilian agencies involved in CWMD activities, including their policies, practices, capabilities and organizations relationships.
- 3 years’ experience in the various command entities involved in overall planning and execution of CWMD operations and activities.
- 3 years’ experience in employing SOD to the CWMD Strategic Planning Process in order to conduct operating environment analysis and end states development
- 2 years’ experience working with SOF organizations or doctrine