CWMD Information Operations Strategic Planner
5 days left
- Full Time
The CWMD Information Operations Strategic Planner provides support that complements the USSOCOM strategic Information Operations (IO) planning process, to include participation in analytical meetings, conferences, working groups, technical exchange meetings, and organizational and interagency meetings. These functions incorporate frequent interaction with the USSOCOM staff, the Joint Staff (JS), Services, Combatant Commands, and interagency departments and agencies. Tasks include:
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of IO plans and orders relevant to the USSOCOM global mission. Prepare and present comprehensive briefings, author information and/or research papers.Establish and maintain a wide range of professional liaison contacts within USSOCOM and the other Combatant Commands, military service communities, non-DOD agencies, as well as the JS, and the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD).Facilitate, coordinate, and support the planning, development and rehearsal of strategic-level operations. Assist in the development, synchronization, and de-confliction of strategic-level IO planning and operations; coordinate with other Combatant Commands, JS, and other agencies conducting strategic IO; create and manage all phases of classified strategic operations, to include measures of performance and measures of effectiveness.Provide expert review of drafts of technical data, documentation, and related information.Develop and refine processes and formats for researching, and establishing and documenting USSOCOM positions on strategic IO activities for presentation to senior management.Facilitate, participate, support, and attend meetings; build briefings; report results; and assist with follow-up on USSOCOM J39 action item closure.
- 5 years of work experience directly related to the fields of Information Operations research, analysis, and/or planning
- 5 years of experience supporting Combatant Command-level planning and coordination of SOF sensitive activities (SA) development and employment
- 5 years of experience in
- strategic and/or operational planning and operational design at the Joint Staff, combatant command or regional Theater-level; or
- National and regional strategies, plans, and objectives (e.g., National Military Strategy, Defense Planning Guidance, Unified Command Plan, etc.); and the full range of SA, and the SOF Core Activities (e.g., Unconventional Warfare, Counter-Terrorism, etc.).