CWMD Strategic Communications Planner
3 days left
- Full Time
The CWMD Strategic Communications Planner provides support to USSOCOM in communications planning as part of CWMD plans. Specifically, the Strategic Communications Planner:
- Work with the SOF CWMD enterprise in all IPTs/OPTs and the Global Synchronization Conference.
- Provide in-progress review (IPR), after-action reports, and lessons learned to J6/CIO and J6 senior leaders.
- Attend network operations update briefs; J6 staff meetings (maintain J6 senior leader situational awareness; J65 (maintain awareness of policy, programming/resourcing and requirements efforts); and J63 project portfolio overview (maintain awareness of portfolio health and project status).
- Builds content and structure for a portion of the releasable SIE Strategic Plan that supports the new CWMD planning and synchronization mission.
- Reviews internal and external CWMD policy, strategy, and doctrine documents (e.g. DoD CIO, Defense Information Systems Agency, Joint Staff, USSOCOM, etc.) to ensure that USSOCOM J6/CIO policy, strategy, and doctrine documents are in compliance.
- Draft SIE policies based on the CWMD synchronization mission.
- Draft goals and objectives that integrate organization and Major Command CWMD Cell C4I objectives
- Plan IT interoperability and standardization of C4I hardware and software required to align USSOCOM IT strategies with its organizational vision and strategies across the SOF Information Environment (SIE).
- Briefs senior leadership on the analysis and results and recommended or programmatic course of action to support USSOCOM CWMD planning synchronization mission.
- Presents analysis results in written and or verbal format for review and decision making by proper USSOCOM CWMD Cell authorities.
- 3 years’ experience developing communications plans at Combatant Command level.
- Candidate must be a former O-5/mid-grade GS-13 (Step 5 or higher) 3 years’ experience working for/with Combatant Commands on communications support to exercises.3 years' experience writing documents and briefings for General Officer/Flag Officer (GO/FO) level.3 years’ experience coordinating with other joint, coalition, interagency organizations in support of strategic communications planning. 2 years’ experience/knowledge of the SIE by working in the USSOCOM or Component A/G/N/J 6 or the equivalent.