Information Assurance Compliance Engineer with TS/SCI Clearance
Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction. 1. Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents. 2. Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation. 3. Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information. 4. Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk. 5. Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems. 6. Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls. 7. Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices. 8. Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance. 9. Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results. 10. Serves as a technical team or task leader. 11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned. 12. Participates in special projects as required. Job Description The New Campus East (NCE) Active IT Program was established to provide infrastructure services for a new data center facility. The AIT Cybersecurity Team delivers secure networked solutions in order to protect mission essential information within the NCE. Position Summary: Provide expert technical services on all aspects of Information Security. Responsible for writing information security policy drafts, writing and reviewing Memorandum of Agreements and coordinating and managing all aspects of the Certification and Accreditation. Advise and assess system design/architecture as well as defining, designing and evaluating information security systems. Manage multi-agency information sharing and integration security. Maintain affiliations with high-level personnel at multiple agencies and organizations involved in Information Security. Tasking includes incident response, system access approval, audit log review, Configuration Control Board and daily consultations/consulting on a wide variety of security issues. Report, document and investigate all security related incidents; assist with development and implementation of corrective measures. Media transfer between systems of differing classifications in accordance with DCID 6/3, ICD 503 and local procedure. Education Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience. Qualifications 10-15 years of related experience in data security administration. Unique/Additional Requirements: Candidate must have knowledge of and experience with DCID, ICD 503 and having knowledge of customer's security requirements is desirable; system accreditation and security documentation. Candidate must possess IAM II certification to start in accordance with DOD 8570.1M. This position is defined as in 8570.1M chapter 4, pg 35. Candidate is required to understand how our customer's DCID 6/3 and ICD 503 process work and how systems security requirements will be met. Candidate will work with all IT groups to build IT systems with security planned from the start. Work with developers, system engineers, project managers, and users to identify the level of protection systems will need. Understand and be able to identify what group or process will satisfy security requirement.
- Act as the representative of the Information System Security Manager ensuring compliance with IS security procedures.Support efforts to operate, maintain, and dispose of information system materials in accordance with security directives, policies and practices and as annotated in Systems Security Plans.Generate and implementation of requisite security training ensuring user security awareness of responsibilities prior to system access.Initiate protective and corrective measures when incident or vulnerabilities are discovered.Ensure IA hardware and software complies with security configuration guides.Implement and enforce IA policies and procedures as defined by C&A documentation.Ensure users are aware of their IA responsibilities.The ability to work on multiple projects/tasks at once and operate in a dynamic, fast-paced, team-oriented environment.Perform Operations & Sustainment (O&S) functions for the NCE network security infrastructure (firewalls, web gateways, mail gateways, ids, load balancers, performance monitoring tools, mgt systems, etc)Perform maintenance and/or advanced configuration of equipment in order to protect the network from emerging cyber threatsExperience using security tools such as ACAS, HBSS, Carbon Black, Tanium, RedSeal, and EMETConduct forensic traffic/log analysis to isolate issues or respond to analyst alertsRespond to escalated troubleshooting requestsMaintain and administer network infrastructure standards, documentation and fault tolerancePresent Monitoring/Test Results and Reports as requiredPerform/support integration testing as requiredParticipates in special projects as required.Ability to review Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms) and conduct a technical decomposition categorization, remediation, and lien resolutionExecute remediation process to implement technical solutions to address vulnerability findings via ACAS security scan.Must have ability to support flexible schedule in support of 24x7 staff.Experience installing, hardening, deploying, documenting, and troubleshooting network perimeter security technologies.Experience and scripting ability on Unix and/or RHEL OSExperienced with complex Microsoft macros, and PowerShell scriptsBasic understanding of Windows Enterprise AD architecture and VMWare VirtualizationMust be proficient in network routing/vlan technology
- CISSP certification or equivalent (CAP, GSLC, CISM)
- System administration experience
- Network engineering experience
- System design and development experience
- Defines, plans, designs, and evaluates information security systems. Assesses architecture and current hardware limitations, defines and designs system specifications, input/output processes and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility. Performs a variety of complex tasks associated with information security ranging from the design of security components to complex architectures. Supervise the work of other engineers performing a variety of information security tasks.