- Full Time
This HHS Position meets the criteria outlined in OMB M-17-18 and is exempt from the hiring freeze.
Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
This position is located in the Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER), Office of Pharmaceutical (OPQ), located in Silver Spring, MD.
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement FDA-CDER-17-MP-1939609-STR under merit promotion procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under merit promotion procedures.
NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
Who May Apply: Open to all United States Citizens.
Additional selections may be made within the same geographical area FDA-wide.
- Not Required
To qualify for the Administrative Officer, GS-0341-09/11 position, you must meet the below:
GS-09: Applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-07 grade level that included providing administrative support for budget and financial management; assisting with human resources functions; and coordinating procurement functions and organizing property management functions;
Master's or equivalent graduate degree OR 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree that is directly related to the work of the position;
LL.B. or J.D., if related.
GS-11: Applicants must have one year of specialized experience described above equivalent to the GS-09 grade level. Examples include providing technical advice on budget formulations, monitoring and tracking expenditures; evaluating plans to determine the impact on administrative processes; serving as a liaison for procurement activities; and managing various human resources functions within the organization.;
Successfully completed 3 years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. degree; or Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree that is directly related to the work of the position.
LL.M., if related
Have a combination of specialized experience and directly related graduate level education mentioned above that meets 100% of the qualification requirements for this position.
If you are claiming education as any part of your qualifications for this position, you must submit an official transcript, unofficial transcript, or a list including courses, grades earned, completion dates, and quarter and semester hours earned. If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program. For further information, click on foreign education.
Conditions of Employment:
- Security and Background Requirements: Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. If hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection or appropriate disciplinary action.
- E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
- Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
- Pre-employment physical required: No
- Drug testing required: No
- License required: No
- Mobility agreement required: No
- Immunization required: No
- Incentives may be authorized; however, this is contingent upon funds availability. If authorized, certain incentives will require you to sign a service agreement to remain in the Federal government for a period of up to 3 years. Note: This statement does not imply nor guarantee an incentive will be offered and paid. Incentives include the following: moving expenses, recruitment or relocation incentive; student loan repayment, superior qualifications appointment, creditable service for annual leave for prior non-federal work experience or prior uniformed military service, etc.
- Bargaining Unit Position: No
- All qualification requirements must be met by the closing of the announcement.
- Financial disclosure statement required: No
Q - Nonsensitive