Clinical Psychologist (Behavioral Scientist)
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
- This position is located in the Office of the Provost General, Antiterrorism Division, Insider Threat Operations Branch, in the Pentagon, Arlington, VA.
- The Pentagon is located in Arlington, VA, adjacent to Washington, D.C. As the backbone of Department of Defense, the building serves as the headquarters for all military services and as the nation's capital in the finest military tradition.
- Applicants with 3 years of experience in forensic psychology and who have formal fellowship training are preferred.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
- Occasional Travel
- Up to 10% business travel is required.
- Relocation costs may be paid if the selecting official determines the relocation is in the best interests of the government.
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Basic requirement for the Clinical Psychologist (Behavioral Scientist) position:
Degree: Doctoral Degree (Ph.D. or equivalent) directly related to full professional work in clinical psychology.
In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements below:
Experience required: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job.
Specialized experience is defined as: conducting psychological assessments of criminals or potential insider threats, determining security risk to an organization, and providing consultation regarding criminal or insider threat behavioral trends. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-13).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
Licensure: This position requires a current, active, valid, unrestricted clinical license to practice Psychology independently, offered by a U.S. State, District of Columbia, commonwealth, territory or jurisdiction.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
- Knowledge of conducting behavioral research
- Skill in interpreting behavioral trends
- Skill in providing psychological consultation
- Ability to communicate professionally
Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. You must include this information with your application package.
Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- Incumbent must maintain HIPAA Privacy Rule training requirements in 45 CFR § 164.530 (b)(1).
- Incumbent must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance based on an SSBI with eligibility for sensitive compartmented information (SCI).
- Applicants must be able to fulfill credentialing requirements and obtain and maintain appropriate/relevant clinical privileges.